Site Supervisor - Commercial Sector Toronto, ON C$0 - C$0
Site Supervisor - Commercial SectorLocation: Toronto, ON | Salary: C$0 - C$0 | Posted: 23 Dec 2019 | Closes: 23 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4668560/179943
Site Supervisor - Commercial Sector
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distributions centers, hospitals, condominiums and residential sites. Currently we are seeking a site supervisor for one of our most prominent client’s offices in the Mississauga area. The following information outlines the Site Security Supervisor’s responsibilities as outlined in the post orders and may be amended by client. It is the Site Security Supervisor’s main function to ensure the on-site security staff comply with all duties outlined in the site post orders and to ensure the security staff act in a proactive manner. Value added service should always be on the mind of the Site Security Supervisor and he/she should not limit themselves to the specific job at hand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead a team of 10 or more people
- Ensure that all work assignments are fully staffed according to job requirements
- Ensuring security duties are carried out in compliance with all federal, provincial, and municipal laws including; The Criminal Code of Canada; Trespass to Property legislation
- Directing the delivery of security services according to third party service agreements
- Maintaining local site-specific post orders and directives by reviewing and notifying Client and G4S of required revisions
- Maintain master schedules for all security sites and to ensure submission to G4S
- Branch for payroll and billing purposes
- Carrying out supervisory and management functions and responsibilities, including:
- Training of new staff
- Daily site inspections
- Maintaining compliance and discipline of site staff
- Performance of staff evaluations on a regular basis
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Employment Requirements
- Valid Provincial Security Guard Licence prior to employment
- Recognized and valid First Aid and CPR certificates prior to employment
- Minimum 2 years of Security Experience with a minimum of 1 year in a Security Supervisory Role.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate
- Past experience in managing a security team
- Past experience in managing challenging security situations
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing and observation skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional judgment, common sense and decision-making ability
- Good physical well-being and able to walk, run, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs and lift objects
- Ability to operate security equipment/systems, camera recording systems, computers and radios
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Willing to take courses as required by G4S and or clients
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest: