Shift Supervisor Warren, Michigan Competitive
Shift SupervisorLocation: Warren, Michigan | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 14 Jan 2021 | Closes: 14 Feb 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/LTP/3500185/203885
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Shift Supervisor. As a Shift Supervisor, you will ensure the professional operation, administration, profitability, and quality assurance of uniformed services for a single shift at the client's site. The Shift Supervisor ensures contract compliance by regularly inspecting the posts and facilities assigned, as well as supervising security staff, and conducting performance evaluations. Additional responsibilities also include safety direction, quality assurance, planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the security team during normal and emergency operations.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Oversee staffing, scheduling and on-site training for security officer assigned to his/her shift
- Ensure that contract required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met
- Maintain overtime to minimum or to a predefined level designated by G4S
- Ensure quality of service and contract compliance by regularly inspecting security personnel and their job performance when assigned to his/her shift
- Perform other operations and related functions (e.g., payroll, review and maintain incident reports, assist in preparation of security surveys and post orders)
- Make recommendations for positive and negative personnel actions for those under his/her direct supervision
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must have a current and valid driver's license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of two years of verifiable work experience demonstrating the following:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain poise and self-control during emergency situations
- Capability of understanding and applying written and verbal orders, and of composing reports
- Must have one or more of the following:
- Associate's degree of higher in any discipline.
- Service in the active duty military, military reserves or National Guard
- Service in auxiliary police or police cadets
- Meaningful and verifiable work history
- Minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experiences.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Be at least 21 years of age, or the minimum age required by the state if higher
- Be able to work flexible schedules and respond to work assignments with little to no advance notice.
- Be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold/heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, sitting, with minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Site Supervisor
Location: Mount Clemens, Michigan
Apply now Shift Supervisor - Upscale
Location: Lake Orion, Michigan
Apply now Site Supervisor - Upscale
Location: Van Buren Township, Michigan
Apply now Security Chief
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Apply now Emergency Manager
Location: Detroit, Michigan