Sexual Offence Examiner -Nurse Thames Valley £100-£150
Sexual Offence Examiner -NurseLocation: Thames Valley | Salary: £100-£150 | Posted: 29 Jun 2022 | Closes: 20 Jul 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11016
Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Thames Valley, Slough and Bicester (SL2 2BJ and OX26 2NT)
Shifts: 6 shifts per month is required, as a minimum, this will include weekends and nights (0700-15:00, 15:00-23:00 & 23:00-07:00)
£150 retainer and a case payment of between £150.00-£250.00
As a Sexual Offences Examiner (SOE) you will provide an essential service acting as an independent practitioner supporting the Criminal Justice System by providing forensic medical examinations of complainants of rape or sexual assault. For all examinations, the SOE must accurately document findings. If required the SOE will produce these as a written statement for the use of the courts or other agencies. Whenever called upon to do so by the Police, the SOE must attend at any Court as a professional witness for the purpose of giving objective and unbiased evidence.
About our Site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
- To carry out acute and historic forensic examinations of adult and child victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and GMC guidelines
- To be available and to attend the SARC, or other venue, within an agreed timeframe when requested to by G4S Health call centre.
- To treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with SARC best practice.
- To work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and Specially trained officer to ensure that the client feels in control and the service is tailored to their needs.
- To obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the SARC client.
- To take relevant forensic samples as per FFLM guidelines ensuring the chain of evidence and document injuries
To complete aftercare risk assessments; pregnancy, STI’s, blood-borne virus, mental health and safeguarding.
- To administer any relevant medication as per G4S Health SARC Medicine code.
- To complete all documentation as per local guidelines including a FFLM Proforma and an Aftercare Form, and store securely as per local guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as a SOE Nurse:
- Registered Nurse or Midwife with 4 years post-reg experience
- Experience and confidence working as an Autonomous Practitioner
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Speculum Examination skills
Desirable Skills as a SOE Nurse:
- Sexual Health
- Women’s Health
- Forensic Awareness
- Statement writing and giving evidence experience
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- Progression, training and development opportunities
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Jobs that might be of interest:Sexual Offence Examiner -Nurse (Maternity Cover)
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Administrator
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Development Lead Nurse
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Crisis Worker
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)