Sexual Offence Examiner - Nurse - Thames Valley SARC Thames Valley £33,000
Sexual Offence Examiner - Nurse - Thames Valley SARCLocation: Thames Valley | Salary: £33,000 | Posted: 27 Nov 2018 | Closes: 25 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Sexual Offence Examiner - Nurse
Thames Valley SARC
£33,000 per annum
Part Time (36 hours per week) - 3 day shifts per week, on call from 6am – 6pm from home and embedded at the SARC during office hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
Exciting opportunity to join the Thames Valley SARC Nursing Team covering Slough and Bicester SARCs .A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men and women who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including Sexual Health and Emergency contraception, as well as facilitating onward support and referrals to other agencies, such as Counselling, Independent Sexual Violence Advisors and Health.
Please see the attached Job Description for further details including key competencies, essential and desirable skills and knowledge. Full training will be given.
You will need to live easily within 90 minutes drive time of each SARC.
To provide acute forensic examinations for victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines and the NMC
code conduct. To assist in the management of the SARC Service in line with national SARC Best Practice and contractual obligations.
- To carry out forensic examinations of victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines
- To be available and to attend the SARC, or other venue, within an agreed timeframe when requested to by G4S Health call centre.
- To practice as an autonomous practitioner exercising independent and objective clinical judgement within professional guidelines and code of conduct.
- To treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with best practice.
- To work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and Specially trained officer to ensure that the client feels in control and the service is tailored to their needs.
- To obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the SARC client.
- To take relevant forensic samples as per FFLM guidelines ensuring the chain of evidence, document injuries,
- To complete aftercare risk assessments; pregnancy, STI’s, blood-borne virus, mental health and safeguarding.
- To administer any relevant medication under G4S Health PGD’s.
- To complete all documentation as per local guidelines including a FFLM Proforma and an Aftercare Form, and store securely as per local guidelines.
- To complete written Police statements as soon as practically possible, when requested by G4S Health.
- To attend court when requested to as a professional witness
- To maintain their SARC Training Matrix by attending quarterly peer supervision, peer review, appraisals, undertaking quarterly reflective practice, completing mandatory training and attending relevant training, events and conferences.
- To work towards acquiring the LSOM qualification or equivalent
- To adhere to policies and procedures produced by G4S Health and the SARC.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines at all times
- To support the SARC Manager and SARC Coordinator in the daily running of the SARC service.
- To support the SARC Manager with Clinical Governance (Audit, Training, Supervision, Clinical Incidents) and maintaining CQC standards.
- Liaising with Partner agencies to ensure Clients receive appropriate on-going support.
- To provide telephone support to callers in the context of a sensitive and non-judgmental service, using effective communication skills.
- Informing individuals (service users, family, professionals) about the self referral service and the choices available – whilst being aware of forensic windows and services available.
- Participate in multi agency partnership working.
- Produce and deliver presentations about the SARC service to partner agencies (eg. Police) and participate in Marketing of the SARC Service.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Carry out any reasonable request from your Line Manager.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the SARC Manager and maintain the service in their absence.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Forensic Examination and Medical Aftercare of
- Complainants of Sexual Assault
- Effective Communication skills.
- Excellent Documentation skills
- Professional and Non-Judgemental
- Registered Nurse with 4 years post-reg experience
- Experience and confidence working as an Autonomous Practitioner
- Experience of Clinical Governance Processes
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience working with Vulnerable Groups
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Speculum Examination Skills
- Sexual Health
- Women’s Health
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Statement writing and giving evidence experience
Interview Dates December 11th, 12th,19th and January 10th.
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse- Sexual Offence Examiner
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Apply now Mental Health Nurse
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Flexi Crisis Worker
Location: Slough, Berkshire