Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse/Midwife) West Midlands £100-£150
Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse/Midwife)Location: West Midlands | Salary: £100-£150 | Posted: 1 Sep 2021 | Closes: 13 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10420
Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse/Midwife)
West Midlands (B35 7QX & WS2 9SR)
£100 on call retainer and a £150 call out payment
Shifts: 06:00-18:00 and 18:00-06:00
The Flexi SOE (Sexual Offence Examiner) is a Nurse/Midwife role whereby the successful applicant will be on call from home. The role requires the examiner to be able to travel to within 60 minutes of each location.
The successful candidate must commit to a minimum of 4 shifts a month.
About our Site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
As a Sexual Offences Examiner (SOE) you will provide an essential service acting as an independent practitioner supporting the Criminal Justice System by providing forensic medical examinations of complainants of rape or sexual assault. For all examinations, the SOE must accurately document findings. If required the SOE will produce these as a written statement for the use of the courts or other agencies. Whenever called upon to do so by the Police, the SOE must attend at any Court as a professional witness for the purpose of giving objective and unbiased evidence.
- To provide acute forensic examinations for victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines and code conduct.
- To be available and to attend the SARC, or other venue, within an agreed timeframe when requested to by G4S Health call centre.
- To practice as an autonomous practitioner exercising independent and objective clinical judgement within professional guidelines and code of conduct.
- To treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with best practice.
- To work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and Specially trained officer to ensure that the client feels in control and the service is tailored to their needs.
- To obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the SARC client.
- To take relevant forensic samples as per FFLM guidelines ensuring the chain of evidence and document injuries
- To complete aftercare risk assessments; pregnancy, STI’s, blood-borne virus, mental health and safeguarding.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as a SOE Nurse/ Midwife:
- Registered Nurse or Midwife with 4 years post-reg experience
- Experience and confidence working as an Autonomous Practitioner
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Speculum Examination skills
Desirable Skills as a SOE Nurse/ Midwife:
- Sexual Health
- Women’s Health
- Forensic Awareness
- Statement writing and giving evidence experience
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
For further information please email: email@example.com
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Jobs that might be of interest:Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse/Midwife)
Location: West Midlands
Apply now Bank Crisis Worker
Location: Stoke, Staffordshire
Apply now Bank RGN
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Clinical Lead
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Electrician
Location: Wolverhampton, Birmingham