Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse/ Midwife) Bristol £100 retainer, £150 call out
Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse/ Midwife)Location: Bristol | Salary: £100 retainer, £150 call out | Posted: 2 Jul 2021 | Closes: 27 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10149
Bank SOE Nurse/ Midwife
Bristol SARC (BS2 0JD)
Various shifts, including nights
£100.00 retainer and a £150.00 call out
Exciting opportunity to join the Avon & Somerset Sexual Offence Examiner Nurse Team covering the SARC in Bristol.
About our site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
Job spec: To provide acute forensic examinations for victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines and code
- To carry out forensic examinations of victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines
- To be available and to attend the SARC, or other venue, within an agreed timeframe when requested to by G4S Health call centre.
- To practice as an autonomous practitioner exercising independent and objective clinical judgement within professional guidelines and code of conduct.
- To treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with best practice.
- To work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and Specially trained officer to ensure that the client feels in control and the service is tailored to their needs.
- To obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the SARC client.
- To take relevant forensic samples as per FFLM guidelines ensuring the chain of evidence and document injuries
The Ideal Candidate:
- Registered Nurse/Midwife with 4 years post-reg experience
- Experience and confidence working as an Autonomous Practitioner
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Experience of Working with Vulnerable Groups
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Speculum Examination skills
- Sexual Health
- Women’s Health
- Forensic Awareness
- Statement writing and giving evidence experience
- Sexual Offence Examiner experience
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Jobs that might be of interest:Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse/Midwife)
Apply now Crisis Worker
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Part Time Clinical Psychologist
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Location: GLOUCESTER, Gloucestershire