Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor) Devon £200 retainer, £150 call out
Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)Location: Devon | Salary: £200 retainer, £150 call out | Posted: 30 Sep 2021 | Closes: 28 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10544
Bank SOE Doctor
Devon and Cornwall SARC's (EX1 5SS, PL6 7TL & TR1 2JA)
Shifts: 08:00-20:00 & 20:00- 08:00
£200.00 retainer and a £150.00 call out
The sucessful applicant will be based from home however, you will be expected to travel to one of the three locations, if called out.
About our site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
Job spec: As a Sexual Offence Examiner (SOE) you will provide an essential service acting as an independent practitioner supporting the Criminal Justice System by providing forensic examinations of complainants of rape or sexual assault. For all examinations, the SOE must accurately document findings. If
required the SOE will produce these as a written report for the use of the courts or other agencies. Whenever called upon to do so by the Police, the
SOE must attend at any Court as a professional witness for the purpose of giving objective and unbiased evidence.
- To carry out forensic examinations of victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and GMC guidelines
- To be available and to attend the SARC, or other venue, within an agreed timeframe where requested to by G4S Health call centre.
- To treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with SARC best practice.
- To work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and Specially trained officer to ensure that the client feels in control and the service is tailored to their needs.
- To obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the SARC client.
- To take relevant forensic samples as per FFLM guidelines ensuring the chain of evidence and document injuries
- To complete aftercare risk assessments; pregnancy, STI’s, blood-borne virus, mental health and safeguarding.
- To administer any relevant medication as per G4S Health SARC Medicine code.
- To complete all documentation as per local guidelines including a FFLM Proforma and an Aftercare Form, and store securely as per local guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full registration with the GMC with a license to practice
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in a relevant specialism (such as
- Gynaecology, Genito-Urinary and/or Reproductive & Sexual
- Health, General Practice, Accident & Emergency)
- Experience & competency in gynaecological examination, including speculum examination
- Knowledge of and compliance with child and vulnerabl adult safeguarding procedures
- Immediate Life Support
- General Practice experience
- Experience in the clinical & forensic management of those who have been sexually assaulted
- Experience in the following areas: Gynaecology,
- Genito-Urinary medicine, Reproductive & Sexual Health/contraceptive provision, clinical Forensic Medicine
- Experience in Paediatric medicine, A&E, Psychiatry & Paediatric Gynaecology.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).
Jobs that might be of interest:Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse/ Midwife)
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Exeter, Devon
Apply now Peripatetic Nurse / Paramedic (Devon)
Location: Devon, Devon
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Barnstaple, Devon