Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor) Dorset £150-£200
Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)Location: Dorset | Salary: £150-£200 | Posted: 18 Jan 2022 | Closes: 15 Mar 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10120
Sexual Offence Examiner Doctor
Salary £200 retainer for 12 hour shift £150 per case
Shifts: A minimum of 4 shifts per months, 12 hour shift 07.00-19.00 on call from home. Must be able to travel to Bournemouth SARC within 120 minutes.
The nature of the role may require the individual to work later than 19.00 on some occasions to complete examinations.
Bournemouth, Dorset (BH1 1QL)
About our Site
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
You will be conducting forensic medical examinations which are 2 purpose examinations, one to help the police investigate a possible crime and the second to take care of the holistic needs of your patient, in order to attempt to minimise the potential physical and psychological sequelae of the crime. Child protection reports and appropriate sharing of information are an important part of the work. Should a “case” go to court, you are expected to write a court statement and attend court, if needed, to give evidence.
- To carry out forensic examinations of victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and GMC guidelines
- To be available and to attend the SARC, or other venue, within an agreed timeframe where requested to by G4S Health call centre.
- To treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with SARC best practice.
- To work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and Specially trained officer to ensure that the client feels in control and the service is tailored to their needs.
- To obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the SARC client.
- To take relevant forensic samples as per FFLM guidelines ensuring the chain of evidence and document injuries
- To complete aftercare risk assessments; pregnancy, STI’s, blood-borne virus, mental health and safeguarding.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as an SOE Doctor:
- GMC Registered with a license to practice
- Experienced Sexua Offence Examiner
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Experience of working with children and young people
- Experience of Working with Vulnerable Groups
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Police Vetting
- Medical Indemnity
- Driving license and access to own vehicle
- FFLM LSOM/ DFCASA or equivalent
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).
Jobs that might be of interest:Weekend Ambulance Care Assistants (Drivers) - Gillingham
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistants (Drivers) - Gillingham
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Apply now Peripatetic Nurse / Paramedic (Gloucester & Wiltshire)
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Apply now Lead Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic