Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor) Bristol £150.00-£200.00
Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)Location: Bristol | Salary: £150.00-£200.00 | Posted: 14 Jan 2021 | Closes: 4 Feb 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9514
Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Rates: £150 when called to SARC and £200 per shift
Bristol, Gloucester and Swindon SARCS (BS2 0JD, GL1 3NN & SN3 4RB)
We are recruiting for a Sexual Offence Examiner in the Bristol, Gloucester and Swindon area.
As a Flexi SOE, you will be required to give your monthly availability and will then be allocated shifts based on this. The shift times available are 08.00 – 20.00 or 08.00 – 20.00.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centers (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Job Outline: You will be conducting forensic medical examinations which are 2 purpose examinations, one to help the police investigate a possible crime and the second to take care of the holistic needs of your patient, in order to attempt to minimise the potential physical and psychological sequelae of the crime. Child protection reports and appropriate sharing of information are an important part of the work. Should a “case” go to court, you are expected to write a court statement and attend court, if needed, to give evidence.
As a Flexi SOE, you will be required to give your monthly availability and will then be allocated shifts based on this. The shift times available are 07.00 – 15.00; 15.00 – 23.00 or 23.00 – 07.00.
Benefits as a Sexual Offence Examiner:
- £150 per case allowance plus mileage and £200 per shift
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as an SOE Doctor:
- Full registration with the GMC with a license to practice
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in a relevant specialism (such as Gynaecology, Genito-Urinary and/or Reproductive & Sexual Health, General Practice, Accident & Emergency)
- Experience & competency in gynaecological examination, including speculum examination
- Knowledge of and compliance with child and vulnerable adult safeguarding procedures
- Ability to communicate well, with both adults and children
- Ability to assess both the physical health and mental health of children and adults
- Ability to assess the changing external genitalia of female children.
- Immediate Life Support
- Safeguarding training
- Mandatory G4s training
- Medical Indemnity (MPS/MDU/MDDUS)
- Driving licence, plus access to own vehicle
- DBS check
- Extended police check
- General Practice experience
- Experience in the clinical & forensic management of those who have been sexually assaulted
- Experience in the following areas: Gynaecology, Genito-Urinary medicine, Reproductive & Sexual Health/contraceptive provision, clinical Forensic Medicine
- Experience in Paediatric medicine, A&E, Psychiatry & Paediatric Gynaecology.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5-year checkable employment/ education history.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.