Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor) Gloucestershire, Wiltshire £200 Retainer & £150 Call out
Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)Location: Gloucestershire, Wiltshire | Salary: £200 Retainer & £150 Call out | Posted: 18 Apr 2019 | Closes: 13 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7587
Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Wiltshire & Gloucestershire area
Salary - £200 per shift retainer, and £150 call out
Part Time - 21 hours per week
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Part Time Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor) in the Wiltshire & Gloucestershire area.
Benefits as a Sexual Offence Examiner:
- Salary of £200 per shift retainer, and £150 call out
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
As a Sexual Offences Examiner (SOE) you will provide an essential service acting as an independent practitioner supporting the Criminal Justice System by providing forensic examinations of complainants of rape or sexual assault. For all examinations, the SOE must accurately document findings. If required the SOE will produce these as a written report for the use of the courts or other agencies. Whenever called upon to do so by the Police, the SOE must attend at any Court as a professional witness for the purpose of giving objective and unbiased evidence.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as a SOE Doctor:
- Full registration with the GMC with a license to practice
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in a relevant specialism (such as Gynaecology, Genito-Urinary and/or Reproductive & Sexual Health, General Practice, Accident & Emergency)
- Experience & competency in gynaecological examination, including speculum examination
- Knowledge of and compliance with child and vulnerable adult safeguarding procedures
- Immediate Life Support
- Medical Indemnity (MPS/MDU/MDDUS)
- Driving licence, plus access to own vehicle
- General Practice experience
- Experience in the clinical & forensic management of those who have been sexually assaulted
- Experience in the following areas: Gynaecology, Genito-Urinary medicine, Reproductive & Sexual Health/contraceptive provision, clinical Forensic Medicine
- Experience in Paediatric medicine, A&E, Psychiatry & Paediatric Gynaecology.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Jobs that might be of interest:Forensic Medical Examiner - Doctor
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic (HCP)
Location: GLOUCESTER, Gloucestershire
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic (HCP)
Location: Melksham, Wiltshire
Apply now Clinical Governance Facilitator (SARC and Custody)
Location: BIRMINGHAM, West Midlands
Apply now Senior Pharmacy Technician
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire