Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor) Somerset £200 Retainer & £150 Call out
Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)Location: Somerset | Salary: £200 Retainer & £150 Call out | Posted: 6 Feb 2019 | Closes: 17 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7451
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Full Time Sexual Offence Examiner (home based) in the Somerset area.
Benefits as a Sexual Offence Examiner :
- Salary - £200 per shift retainer, and £150 call out
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Shifts: 48 hours per week.
As a Sexual Offences Examiner (SOE) you will provide an essential service acting as an independent practitioner supporting the Criminal Justice System by providing forensic examinations of complainants (both children and adults) of rape or sexual assault. For all examinations the SOE must accurately document findings. If required the SOE will produce these as a written report for the use of the courts or other agencies. Whenever called upon to do so by the Police, the SOE must attend at any Court as a professional witness for the purpose of giving objective and unbiased evidence.
Duties Following Induction:
- Management of sexual offence victims or complainants;
- The SOE must be able to practice as an autonomous practitioner exercising independent and objective clinical judgement within professional guidelines and code of conduct.
- Treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with best practice.
- Work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and specially trained Police Officers to support the complainant.
- The SOE must always obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the complainant.
- Undertake forensic examinations of complainants of rape and sexual assault in accordance with current guidelines including: providing telephone information and support for police, crisis workers and service users; undertaking a forensic examination where appropriate for police and self-referrals; use of a colposcope to support the examination and enable photo documentation; documentation of injuries using body maps; taking of forensic samples and providing medical care inclusive of sexual health assessment, pregnancy risk assessment, blood borne virus risk assessment, mental health and suicide risk assessment and safeguarding.
- Administer any relevant medication, such as emergency contraception and HEP B / HIV PEP.
- The SOE must keep detailed contemporaneous notes and ensure effective communication between colleagues and other professionals including safety netting of vulnerable patients.
- The SOE must always remain to be seen as impartial, independent and without bias.
- Maintain confidentiality where required, adhering to data protection regulations and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines at all times.
- The SOE must keep up to date about current developments and research into sexual assault and related areas.
- Must attend a minimum of 4 peer review meetings per year.
- Must attend a FFLM/ RCPCH approved one-day “SARC Best Practice” course at least every three years.
- Must fulfil the GMC requirements for revalidation. It is essential that any appraisal is robust in covering the forensic aspect of their work.
- Must have annual Immediate Life Support training.
- Must have Safeguarding Children and Young People (Intercollegiate Document minimum Level 3) at least every three years.
- To work outside the scope of the National Health Service and at the same time within the scope of your professional registration in providing a service to police for G4S Health Support Services.
- All examinations must be carried out in adherence to all G4S procedures and protocols and contribute to updating them as and when necessary through a consultative process.
- FME must be in the county of work at the start of shift and remain in the county until the end of shift unless otherwise directed by the Call Centre.
- The examinations will usually be undertaken at the SARC, but may, in an emergency, be conducted elsewhere.
- All police calls should be attended without delay.
- SOE must confirm via the G4S HCP line arrival times and assessment start and end time.
- The SOE must submit statements within 7 days of the request.
- To be available for court attendance when requested as a professional witness.
- SOE’s must not perform any duty that immediately precedes or follows a G4S Shift.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full registration with the GMC with a license to practice
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in a relevant specialism (such as Gynaecology, Genito-Urinary and/or Reproductive & Sexual Health, General Practice, Accident & Emergency)
- Experience & competency in gynaecological examination, including speculum examination
- Knowledge of and compliance with child and vulnerable adult safeguarding procedures
- Immediate Life Support
- Demonstrable skills in listening, reading, writing and speaking English that enable effective communication
- Medical Indemnity (MPS/MDU/MDDUS)
- Car plus license to drive
- General Practice experience
- Experience in the clinical & forensic management of those who have been sexually assaulted
- Experience in the following areas: Gynaecology, Genito-Urinary medicine, Reproductive & Sexual Health/contraceptive provision, clinical Forensic Medicine
- Experience in Paediatric medicine, A&E, Psychiatry & Paediatric Gynaecology.
Jobs that might be of interest:Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner - Doctor
Location: Bristol, City of