Service Technician I Sunnyvale, California Competitive
Service Technician ILocation: Sunnyvale, California | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 7 Aug 2019 | Closes: 31 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: CA080719STI
G4S Secure Integration is looking for a successful Technician that will be responsible for service calls including but not limited to: hardware and software repair and maintenance of warranty and extended warranty projects.
- Self performs and manages all service calls of intrusion detection, access control, and video management and data communication systems.
- Troubleshooting of head-end computer systems, field hardware, field devices and sensors, and communication infrastructure including fiber optic cables.
- Completes service status reports and other documentation as required.
- Organizes and coordinates service calls and preventive maintenance with Clients to discuss service activities, changes, and developments with the customer and site personnel.
- Software/firmware maintenance: new releases or updates of hardware, software, technical and alert bulletins released by the access control manufacturer shall be applied to the system.
- Occasional assistance with installation projects when service call volume is low.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2 years of field experience
- Extensive knowledge of electronics, computer programming, site service, and installation experience
- Experience with the following or similar systems: Software House, Nice Systems, Genetec, AMAG, Lenel, Honeywell, and Hirsch Electronics.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to pass drug screening.
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityVEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: