Service Receptionist and Administrator Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, The [Bro Morgannwg GB-BMG] £19,760 - £21,000 pro rata
Service Receptionist and AdministratorLocation: Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, The [Bro Morgannwg GB-BMG] | Salary: £19,760 - £21,000 pro rata | Posted: 29 Apr 2022 | Closes: 20 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11732
Service Receptionist and Administrator
Salary range £19,760 - £21,000 per annum pro rata, depending on experience
Permanent, Part Time - 12 hours per week
G4S in Wales are a key provider of criminal justice services- operating in both the custodial and community sectors. We pride ourselves on the quality of our provision and we consistently seek to work alongside and in partnership with a range of other providers in the voluntary (third), public and private sectors.
We have developed services which are focused on identifying ways to maximise positive impact and make the most effective use of available resources by working with other agencies on common objectives. In this way we are increasingly able to meet wide ranging and complex needs in the most appropriate way.
We have a commitment to research, evaluation and review of evidence based initiatives.
We value and, where possible, contribute to research into reducing re-offending and therefore we recognise the importance of understanding the wider environment in which individuals operate and this informs us about how best to engage, support and help people with change.
We seek to employ people with drive and energy and a real interest in innovation and teamwork – working beyond traditional organisational boundaries.
Dyfodol provides treatment services addressing problematic substance misuse for those involved in the criminal justice system we are looking for an experienced Receptionist / Administrator to provide an effective reception and administration role for our service
- Act as a first point of contact ensuring visitors receive a friendly and efficient service and all calls and visits are dealt with promptly and courteously
- Assist with service user enquiries.
- Support the team with data recording, photocopying and general administrative tasks.
- To maintain and update databases.
- Contribute to the preparation of data for monthly and quarterly reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage petty cash.
- Assist with purchasing processes and monitoring stock.
- Support the manager to maintain a safe environment and help to maintain health and safety records and tests.
- Record attendance and drug test results.
- Undertake drug testing where appropriate following training.
- Work flexibly to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision. There may be occasional travel to provide cover at other sites and for training and administration meetings.
- Participate in training and supervision processes.
- Arrange and support meetings as required, including note taking.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture across the site leading by example, this includes reporting accidents and near misses in a timely manner & follow the applicable safe systems of work for the role.
- The duties and responsibilities listed within this job description are not exhaustive and the job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will thrive working in a busy team within a service supporting people to make life changes.
- Previous experience of relevant work and and a commitment to learning and providing a quality service.
- Enhanced Police vetting will be needed for this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the use of a range of IT applications (Microsoft, Google or other databases).
- An eye for detail and a keeness to improve processes.
- Awareness of Data Protection and the need for confidentiality.
- Communicate confidently and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Respond flexibly to the demands of the post.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Show a capacity to work alone and the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Understand and have a commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity.
- Employ an empathetic and non-judgmental attitude towards service users.
- Demonstrate a commitment to your own ongoing learning and development.
- NVQ in Business Administration/IT or equivalent.
- Understanding of the issues facing vulnerable people.
- Basic understanding of the Criminal Justice System.
- Access to own transport.
- Knowledge of local services and geography.
- Ability to speak Welsh.
We encourage applications from Welsh speaking candidates.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Please note that applicants must complete a 500 - 700 word statement outlining their suitability for the role and clearly outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge would apply to this post.
Jobs that might be of interest:Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Crisis Worker
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Barnstaple, Devon
Apply now Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Location: Liverpool, Liverpool