Service Receptionist and Administrator Cardiff £19,500
Service Receptionist and AdministratorLocation: Cardiff | Salary: £19,500 | Posted: 22 Oct 2021 | Closes: 5 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10548
Service Receptionist and Administrator
Cardiff Dyfodol - Cardiff
Salary £19,500 per annum
Permanent, Full Time - 40 hours per week
G4S in Wales are a key provider of criminal justice services - operating in both the custodial and community sectors. We pride ourselves on the quality of our provision and we consistently seek to work alongside and in partnership with a range of other providers in the voluntary (third), public and private sectors.
We are looking for an organised and self-motivated individual to provide an effective service support and administration role for our City Centre base in Cardiff.
Dyfodol provides treatment services addressing problematic substance misuse for those involved in the criminal justice system
- Act as a first point of contact ensuring visitors receive a friendly and efficient service and all calls and visits are dealt with promptly and courteously
- Assist with service user enquiries.
- Support the team with data recording, photocopying and general administrative tasks.
- To maintain and update databases.
- Contribute to the preparation of data for monthly and quarterly reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage petty cash.
- Assist with purchasing processes and monitoring stock.
- Support the manager to maintain a safe environment and help to maintain health and safety records and tests.
- Record attendance and drug test results.
- Undertake drug testing where appropriate following training.
- Work flexibly to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision. There may be occasional travel to provide cover at other sites and for training and administration meetings.
- Participate in training and supervision processes.
- Arrange and support meetings as required, including note taking.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will thrive working in a busy City Centre team within a service supporting people to make life changes.
- Previous experience of relevant work and and a commitment to learning and providing a quality service.
- Enhanced Police vetting will be needed for this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the use of a range of IT applications (Microsoft, Google or other databases).
- An eye for detail and a keeness to improve processes.
- Awareness of Data Protection and the need for confidentiality.
- Communicate confidently and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Respond flexibly to the demands of the post.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Show a capacity to work alone and the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Understand and have a commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity.
- Employ an empathetic and non-judgmental attitude towards service users.
- Demonstrate a commitment to your own ongoing learning and development.
- NVQ in Business Administration/IT or equivalent.
- Understanding of the issues facing vulnerable people.
- Basic understanding of the Criminal Justice System.
- Access to own transport.
- Knowledge of local services and geography.
- Ability to speak Welsh.
We encourage applications from Welsh speaking candidates.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of our Services and we actively encourage applications from all diverse groups.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Early Intervention Caseworker
Location: NP20 2EH, Newport
Apply now Digital Content Creator
Apply now Complex Needs Support Worker
Apply now Radio Instructor / Teacher
Apply now HR Administrator