Service Lead South Wales £32,000
Service LeadLocation: South Wales | Salary: £32,000 | Posted: 16 Sep 2019 | Closes: 7 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8094
Service Lead (Fixed Term Contract until October 2021 pending further funding being confirmed)
Mobile working across South Wales and Gwent
Salary : £32,000 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week including occasional weekend and evenings on a rota)
G4S in Wales are a key provider of criminal justice services- operating in both the custodial and community sectors. We pride ourselves on the quality of our provision and we consistently seek to work alongside and in partnership with a range of other providers in the voluntary (third), public and private sectors.
We are recruiting a Service Lead for the Early Intervention (18-25) Young Adult Diversion/Support Service (based across Gwent and South Wales - in an around Police custody suites and the community). These leads will be working in close partnership with the Women's Pathfinder WSA leads to form a team of four, coordinating and leading on the services.
Future 4 is made up of G4S, Safer Wales, Include and Llamau. Successful candidates for the role of Service Lead will be employed by G4S.
The successful candidate will be requried to work with Head of Services and consortium colleagues to develop, manage and support the 18-25 young Adult service and work in partnership with consortium leads to ensure an integrated approach with the Women’s Pathfinder service. Together with working with Service Managers and others to provide integrated operational service provision across South Wales and Gwent. The will lead a team of caseworkers to provide arrest referral and diversionary services, court work, case management of suitable offenders and of interventions to support YAs, and take the lead across the region for operational development (e.g. Arrest Referral, diversion, Safeguarding/Public Protection, transitions etc.)
- Where appropriate, represent the Future 4 at meetings and forums where required.
- Lead on practitioner recruitment, induction and training of 18-25 team.
- Provide line management, regular supervision, casework direction and Employee Development Reviews to staff to ensure quality service delivery in the areas of Arrest Referral, Triage, diversion, Comprehensive and Risk Assessment, Court Work and Case Management.
- Work closely with Police, National Probation Service and community based agencies to build a cohesive service across South Wales and Gwent.
- Ensure practice based operational innovations across services and contribute to the Development and Innovation Group.
- Deliver an integrated service model within the Future 4 consortium across a range of operational locations as designated by the contract.
- Work to ensure a ‘whole system’ management approach and ensure transition and referral processes support service delivery.
- Ensure the service is adequately staffed and trained to be able to meet key performance indicators, measurable indicators and contract requirements at all times.
- Ensure a service that upholds best safeguarding practice in relation to children and adults at risk.
- Ensure a service that upholds best public protection practice in relation to risk of harm and re-offending.
- Ensure that constructive, positive and supportive relationships are maintained with the consortium, aligned services and external organisations and user representative groups.
- Provide a service which challenges and supports service users in their journey out of offending.
- Provide formal Business Case proposals for service developments/changes.
- Work with Effective Practice Leads to provide operational modelling and developments in effective service delivery.
- Ensure the development and provision of practices in partnership with a range of relevant agencies to maximise the potential engagement of all service users.
- Ensure effective performance management through data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Ensure the timely and accurate collection, recording and reporting of specified data for the Authority and Future 4 consortium and provide additional relevant reports as required.
- Ensure compliance with all G4S and agreed consortium policies.
- Work within the allocated budgets set for the service.
- Encourage and ensure effective volunteer, peer support and service user engagement.
- Ensure active engagement, involvement and consultation with service users regarding on-going service development.
- Undertake investigations and contribute to grievance/disciplinary processes as required.
- Monitoring the maintenance of security, fire, health and safety procedures for staff and service users in any relevant working environment.
- To represent the company and consortium at regional and national events
- Communicate effectively with staff, service users, families and professionals.
- Communicate confidently and effectively verbally and in writing.
- To undertake any other duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrable experience of supervisory or management role within a relevant service with a clear understanding of the need for and ability to deliver quality services.
- Leadership and staff supervision/management skills
- High quality reporting skills.
- A commitment to diversity and equality.
- Knowledge of safeguarding children and adults at risk best practice and procedures.
- Knowledge of Public Protection based structures.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and work effectively with partnership agencies.
- A sound knowledge of psycho-social interventions
- A high level of adaptability and passion for delivering excellence
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, service users, families and professionals
- Knowledge of performance management and meeting demanding targets
- Work flexibly across the South Wales and Gwent area as required.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System.
- Access to own transport with business class insurance
- Good technical/IT ability – including Microsoft Word Office and Google applications
And the ability to:
- Communicate confidently and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Respond flexibly to the demands of the post.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Show an ability to work alone and the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Knowledge of local services and geography.
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. Social Work, Health, Probation, Management – within a community setting.
To apply for this role please click APPLY NOW and upload your current CV and a 500-700 word cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and clearly outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge would apply to this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Caseworker / Arrest Referral Worker
Location: South Wales
Apply now Caseworker / Arrest Referral Worker
Location: South Wales
Apply now First Line Manager (Visits)
Apply now Cover Supervisor
Apply now Handy Person Semi Skilled Engineer