Service EngineerLocation: Cambridge, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 32000 | Posted: 28 Apr 2022 | Closes: 31 May 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: T220000Z7
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer in our Fire & Security Systems business team based in the Cambridge area, to cover the surrounding territory. The job holder will be required to work 40hrs per week.
F&S - G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK’s largest private provider of security solutions. G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is the leading integrator of fire and security solutions with a fully accredited 24 x 7 monitoring centre for fire, security and location-based services, protecting everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high security Government facilities.
- Attend to calls for maintenance (on site and or by telephone) as directed by team co-ordinators
- Rectify all faults on the first visit where rectification is within your control.
- Carry out rolling programme of preventative maintenance visits.
- Collection/recording of site configuration information.
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Provide cover on an out of hour’s basis on a rotating basis.
- Commission small projects when required.
- Ensure that audits are carried out of quality procedures.
- Provide training to customers and colleagues as required.
- Carry out any additional tasks that may be required.
- Previous experience installing & servicing a wide product base of access control systems, CCTV systems and intruder alarm systems.
- Experience of installing and servicing fire alarm systems, ideally GENT based.
- An IT qualification and or Electrical/Electronic qualification
- A broad technical IT knowledge, i.e. Installing various Windows Operating Systems; networking etc
- Knowledge of basic electrical principals such as measuring voltage and current drain
- Good attention to detail in order to ensure that all paperwork is correctly completed, and procedures are followed within the allotted timescales.
- An enthusiastic team player who is able to work well under pressure and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Comfortable working irregular hours and being on a 24/7 call rota
- Salary of up to £34,000
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension / Life Assurance
- Perks at Work Scheme
Jobs that might be of interest: