Service EngineerLocation: Hereford, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 32000 | Posted: 28 Apr 2022 | Closes: 30 Jun 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: T210002WL
G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK’s largest private provider of security solutions. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Security Systems Engineer.
The project will involve working with world-class enterprise electronic security systems and would suit both experienced candidates, but also candidates with a good grounding in electronic security systems or IT systems (Networks and Servers) with a strong desire to step up and learn.
- Attend to reactive fault calls as directed by the team co-ordinators and / or Manager, with rectification of fault on first visit being a critical KPI.
- Carry out rolling programme of preventative maintenance as scheduled by the team co-ordinators and / or Manager.
- Carry out additional installation and commissioning works as directed by team co-ordinators and / or Manager.
- Assist Tech Support Engineer and Project Manager in the pre-production test environment before release into the live environment.
- Assist the Design Team in conducting surveys around the site for additional works.
- Accurate collection and recording of site hardware and software configuration information.
- Maintain site stock (spares) levels .
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Provide cover on an out of hour’s basis on a rotating basis.
- Assist the Health and Safety Lead and Manager in ensuring audits are carried out for quality procedures.
- In conjunction with the Manager and Health & Safety Manager, to assist in the production of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and other documentation as required to gain Permits to Work in a timely manner
- To proactively interact with other site based teams, building a good rapport, ensuring the smooth flow of information to enable the efficient running of the site operation.
- To work in absolute compliance with all site procedures and embrace the customer’s ‘Zero Harm to People and the Environment’ mantra.
- Carry out any additional tasks that may be required.
- A minimum of 5 years experience installing and / or servicing a wide product base within the electronic security industry – typically Access Control, CCTV and Intruder alarm systems.
- Broad IT knowledge, eg. software installation into Windows Operating Systems, IP based systems and networking principles.
- Knowledge of basic electrical principals such as measuring voltage, resistance and current. Basic knowledge of electrical components such as relays and resistors.
- Good attention to detail in order to ensure that all paperwork is correctly completed and procedures are followed within the allotted timescales.
- Experience of Enterprise wide Access Control/CCTV systems, and PIDS Systems with PSIM integration
- Experience of working in a high security environment
- Previous or current clearance to SC level.
- Experience of working within the Mechanical/Electrical Construction Industry.
- Comfortable working irregular hours and being on a 24/7 call rota
- 5 year checkable employment history & Right to work in UK/EU unrestricted
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- An IT or Electrical/Electronic qualification such as a HND or Degree.
- Salary of up to £34,000
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension/Life Assurance
- Perks at Work Scheme
Jobs that might be of interest: