Service Desk and Field Engineer Centurion Pretoria 0.00 - 0.00
Service Desk and Field EngineerLocation: Centurion Pretoria | Salary: 0.00 - 0.00 | Posted: 22 Sep 2021 | Closes: 29 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/6193749/217905
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice
- To delivery ICT operations and service excellence to end users, contracts and geographical locations across all G4S businesses in the Africa region.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. IT Operations
- Establish good and effective working relationships with users/stakeholders at all levels, within business and technology teams, to achieve optimal business effectiveness and delivery against budgets.
- Support and maintain hardware, including local networks, software and fault logs, interfacing with Senior Engineers in respect of the WAN and Server infrastructure.
- In conjunction with the IT Service Desk, acting as 1st & 2nd line support, diagnose breakdowns /faults and take corrective, remedial action as necessary, to sustain ICT Service – either owning issues to resolution or ensuring a clear hand-off to another issue owner.
- Advise, agree and implement the distribution, use and best practice of software across available hardware to optimize end user efficiency and consistency.
- Guide and coach end users to optimize use of desktop and thin client software.
- Ensure compliance of all statutory requirements relating to ICT, including software licenses.
- Ensure only approved software is installed to ensure continued support for the end user.
- Check end user compliance with IT policies, with particular reference to the security policy.
- Ensure full Asset Management, Incident logging and updates, Service Request capture and other ITIL related activities for allocated sites.
- 2. Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Hardware and/or Networking certifications advantageous
- Google Admin and Google for Work experience advantageous
- 2 years in IT Support
Skills and Attributes
- Performance Driven
- Excellent in Teamwork and Collaboration Management
- Customer Thinking
- Working with Complexity
- Driving Change
- Delivering Performance
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to interface with users at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, professional appearance and customer service skills required
Jobs that might be of interest:Service Desk Analyst
Location: Centurion Pretoria
Apply now Accounts Assistant (Maternity cover 14 months fixed-term contract)
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF
Apply now Settlements Team Leader
Apply now Invoice Clerk
Apply now Settlements Administrator: G4S Deposita South Africa