Service Delivery Manager - Vancouver International Airport Richmond, BC Competitive
Service Delivery Manager - Vancouver International AirportLocation: Richmond, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 20 Apr 2022 | Closes: 20 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/7554146/220259
Service Delivery Manager
Airports are gateways to the world and our Allied Universal team is leading the way. We are looking for team members who can deliver on our promise of providing proactive security services that are trusted, reliable, forward-thinking, courageous, caring, nimble and responsive. This role is for anyone looking for a gateway role to a more senior career in security.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position has full responsibility for screening operations within a certain area and for the delivery of all operational KPIs within the area of oversight while identifying operational strengths and weaknesses, and improving service delivery and operational efficiencies. Leading a team of Screening Officers, you would be accountable for promoting a positive workplace culture that is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusivity.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Actively engages in managing the screening checkpoint by monitoring queue length, service levels, reporting on changing needs and seeking additional staff from the Operation Center when required
- Builds and maintains a strong customer relationship with assigned business area
- Achieves Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on a daily basis
- Manages Screening Officers by acting as a coach and mentor in order to create and maintain an engaged, motivated work force.
- Conducts regular performance reviews and makes recommendations for employee recognition program
- Applies corrective measures as required following the progressive discipline process.
- Assigns staff to screening positions, monitors breaks, conducts specified training, and accommodates language requirements
- Compiles shift reports for the screening area under their management
- Assists Screening Officers in dealing with complaints, security incidents, and other issues
- Assists in recruitment as needed
- Conducts workplace investigations with the guidance of HR and senior management
- Conducts interviews with employees as per the Attendance Management Policy and Program
- Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Experience and Skills
- College or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years work-related experience in a similar managerial role, preferably in the Aviation Security Industry in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation
- Strong operational focus with the ability to act under pressure and provide creative solutions
- Experience in the management of personnel in a unionized environment
- Ability to work effectively with large employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to implement performance management / discipline with direct reports
- Ability to use office software programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work irregular hours / shift work / attend to incidents after hours
- Strong communication, leadership, client service and persuasive skills
- Places organizational success above individual gain
- Must be able to acquire a Transport Canada Security Clearance
About the Company:
G4S is now known as Allied Universal Security Services.
Allied Universal - Aviation Division delivers screening services in Vancouver International Airport and 20 other airports in BC and the Yukon Territory, in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
Allied Universal is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
Allied Universal est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Service Delivery Manager - Vancouver International Airport
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Abbotsford International Airport
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Williams Lake Regional Airport
Location: Williams Lake, BC
Apply now Global Commercial Programme Manager
Location: UK & Europe - Flexible Hybrid Working and International Travel