Service Delivery Manager - Vancouver International Airport Richmond, BC Competitive
Service Delivery Manager - Vancouver International AirportLocation: Richmond, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 21 Jun 2019 | Closes: 21 Jul 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/160245
Service Delivery Manager
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position has full responsibility for screening operations within a certain area and for the delivery of all operational KPIs within the area of oversight while identifying operational strengths and weaknesses, and improving service delivery and operational efficiencies. Leading a team of Screening Officers, this position is accountable for promoting a workplace culture defined by our values: Integrity, Service Excellence, and Teamwork.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Actively engages in managing the screening checkpoint by monitoring queue length, service levels, reporting on changing needs and seeking additional staff from the Operation Center when required
- Builds and maintains a strong customer relationship with assigned business area
- Achieves Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on a daily basis
- Manages Screening Officers by acting as a coach and mentor in order to create and maintain an engaged, motivated work force.
- Conducts regular performance reviews and makes recommendations for employee recognition program
- Applies corrective measures as required following the progressive discipline process.
- Assigns staff to screening positions, monitors breaks, conducts specified training, and accommodates language requirements
- Compiles shift reports for the screening area under their management
- Assists Screening Officers in dealing with complaints, security incidents, and other issues
- Assists in recruitment as needed
- Participates in workplace investigations under the guidance of HR Generalist and senior management as needed
- Conducts interviews with employees as per the Attendance Management Policy and Program
- Other duties as required
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC), credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Experience and Skills
- College or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years work-related experience in a similar managerial role, preferably in the Aviation Security Industry in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation
- Strong operational focus with the ability to act under pressure and provide creative solutions
- Experience in the management of personnel in a unionized environment
- Ability to work effectively with large employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to implement performance management / discipline with direct reports
- Ability to use office software programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work irregular hours / shift work / attend to incidents after hours
- Strong communication, leadership, client service and persuasive skills
- Places organizational success above individual gain
- Must be eligible to apply for Federal Secret Security Clearance
About the Company:
G4S Aviation, a division of G4S Secure Solutions, delivers screening services in Vancouver International Airport and 20 other airports in BC and the Yukon Territory, in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
NOTE: While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Jobs that might be of interest:Regional Service Delivery Manager (Victoria International Airport)
Location: Sidney, BC
Apply now Project Superintendent
Location: Renton, Washington
Apply now Regional Service Delivery Manager - Kelowna Int'l Airport
Location: Kelowna, BC
Apply now Receptionist
Location: Galway, Ireland
Apply now Superintendent
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois