Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Williams Lake Regional Airport Williams Lake, BC Competitive
Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Williams Lake Regional AirportLocation: Williams Lake, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 30 Aug 2021 | Closes: 30 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/216741
Regional Service Delivery Manager
Reporting to the Regional Manager, this position has full responsibility for screening operations within a certain area and for the delivery of all operational KPIs within the area of oversight while identifying operational strengths and weaknesses, and improving service delivery and operational efficiencies.
In addition to checkpoint management, this position also supports the operations in areas such as recruitment and selection, payroll, scheduling, uniforms, procurement and inventory. Leading a team of Screening Officers, this position is accountable for promoting a workplace culture defined by our values: Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Actively engages in managing the screening checkpoint by monitoring queue length, service levels, reporting on changing needs and seeking additional staff as required
- Builds and maintains a strong customer relationship with assigned business area
- Achieves Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on a daily basis
- Manages Screening Officers by acting as a coach and mentor in order to create and maintain an engaged, motivated work force
- Conducts regular performance reviews and makes recommendations for employee recognition program
- Applies corrective measures as required following the progressive discipline process
- Assigns staff to screening positions, monitors breaks and training hours to ensure service delivery levels are met; coordinates with other screening points to organize efficient staff deployment, accommodates language requirements.
- Ensures proper time and attendance tracking
- Compiles shift reports for the screening area under their management
- Assists Screening Officers in dealing with potential complaints, security incidents, etc.
- Conducts workplace investigations with the guidance of the HR team and senior management
- Participates in recruitment as needed; conducts phone and in-person interviews and skills testing.
- Performs administrative tasks that support the operation such as, but not limited to: scheduling, payroll, uniform ordering and distribution, records and file management, ordering CATSA consumables for the site, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Experience and Skills
- College or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar managerial role, preferably in the Aviation Security Industry in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation
- Strong operational focus with the ability to act under pressure and provide creative solutions
- Experience in the management of personnel in a unionized environment
- Ability to work effectively with large employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to implement performance management / discipline with direct reports
- Must be proficient in office software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite
- Willingness to work irregular hours / shift work / attend to incidents after hours
- Strong communication, leadership, client service and persuasive skills
- Places organizational success above individual gain
- Must be eligible to apply for Federal Secret Security Clearance
About the Company:
G4S Aviation, a division of G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., provides screening services to YVR and 20 other airports throughout British Columbia and the Yukon in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Abbotsford International Airport
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager - Vancouver International Airport
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Operations Manager
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Victoria International Airport
Location: Sidney, BC
Apply now Regional Manager - Victoria International Airport
Location: Sidney, BC