Senior Technician: Secure Solutions SA Witbank & Rustenburg 1 - 1
Senior Technician: Secure Solutions SALocation: Witbank & Rustenburg | Salary: 1 - 1 | Posted: 9 Oct 2021 | Closes: 16 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Sub-Saharan Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/3371275/218460
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Job Introduction:Vacancy: Senior Technician
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for a Senior Technican, based in Lydenburg, Mpumalanga.
Reporting to the Regional Technical Manager, the Senior Technician is responsible for managing technical staff in the provision of an expert service relating to the implementation, installation and maintenance of technology contracts and projects.
The successful incumbent is a self starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which technology plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation
Effective management and administration of the technology contract to ensure sound financial performance
- Plan and manage the profitability of contracts with a focus on maintenance, sustainability, cost effectiveness and labour.
Contract Margin Management
- Billable hours
- Job Cards
- Manage the contract cash flow and oversight of invoice documentation and accuracy of information
Effective management of staff
- Proper allocation of staff to work flow and job requirements.
- Co-ordinate with Office around work requirements
- Monitor daily tasks
Train and upskill subordinates
- Staff motivation levels
- Evaluate staff performance
- Ensuring that acceptable standards of behaviour at work are maintained by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code.
Effective management of operations
- Co-ordinating the Maintenance/Project process flow and activities that has a direct/indirect impact on the outcome and success of contract/project.
- Plan and co-ordinate daily tasks and subordinates, with close monitoring of standards and hours.
- Client retention and customer service levels
Ensuring that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and minuted.
Maintenance of positive customer relationships
Quality Management/Ops Process management – adherence to quality standard
- Conduct and oversee quality controls and inspections
Effective management of business development function
New business development
- Identifying new business opportunities in the region’s sphere of operations, as well as in terms of growth of business with existing customers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Formal Security Management Training advantageous
- Electronic Security Services Management (3yrs – Management or similar)
- Extensive experience w.r.t. implementation of the following systems:
- Experience in Sales of Corporate (Large) Projects
- Control Room Service experience
- Financial Management relative to Security Industry
- Good conceptual interpretation and presentation of Financial and Operational Reports to Executive Management.
Software Knowledge Level
- Broad knowledge of Time and Attendance.
- Broad knowledge of Access Control.
- Broad knowledge of CCTV
- Strong knowledge base on communication protocols i.e. TCP/IP.
- Basic Computer literacy and proficiency.
Hardware Knowledge Level
- Broad knowledge of Time and Attendance Hardware
- Broad knowledge of Access Control Hardware.
- Broad knowledge of CCTV
- Broad knowledge of Alarms
- Broad knowledge of Electric Fencing
- Broad knowledge of Gate Motors
- Broad knowledge of Intercoms
- Broad knowledge of PA systems
- Strong knowledge base on communication protocol wiring i.e. CAT5
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 30 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver ourcommercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Customer Focus
- Best People
- Collaboration & Teamwork
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values.G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.
Jobs that might be of interest: