Senior Surveyor Victoria, London c. £65,000 plus benefits
Senior SurveyorLocation: Victoria, London | Salary: c. £65,000 plus benefits | Posted: 12 Feb 2019 | Closes: 15 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Reporting to the Head of Group Property, you will work to achieve sustainable improvements in the performance of the global property portfolio. You will support the work of the Group Real Estate Department to develop the span of control of the division.
- To unlock value in the global real estate portfolio such that the running costs and/or alternative use value align with the amount the business can afford.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the global business and external stakeholders.
- Identify key technical issues and problems in transactions and offer appropriate solutions.
- Proactively look for and identify new opportunities to release value or avoid unnecessary costs in the G4S property portfolio.
- Manage and deliver transactions to achieve timely and successful outcomes that are aligned with business objectives.
- Manage external consultants to provide a full property service in an economic and effective way to support the G4S global business.
- Support and develop both internal and external processes to support optimised real estate solutions aligned to business need.
- Provide ideas and assistance to continue the excellent performance of the team in contributing to the overall financial performance of G4S.
- Gather and act on business feedback.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have a general practice background from either a corporate, public sector or private practice. You will have demonstrable technical competence in landlord and tenant management, acquisitions and disposals and project management. You will also have:
- Rounded experience of general surveying skills, which are not limited to a narrow field of experience.
- An understanding of business management and relationship management.
- Ability to apply lateral and creative thinking that drives innovative alternatives and solutions that have a long-standing impact across the business.
- Demonstrable understanding of global property markets.
- Demonstrable superior written communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Good awareness of global financial and business trends.
- Ability to consult broadly in a collaborative way with recognition of different cultures and business practices to obtain buy-in and able to recognise when the input is required and when it is not.
- High self-motivation and be driven.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to manage competing demands and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
- Analytical and inquisitive with excellent attention to detail.
- Be innovative and creative with a concise and articulate approach to problem-solving.
- Credible, confident and articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills with the gravitas to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.