Senior Software Developer Jupiter, FL Competitive plus Great Benefits
Senior Software DeveloperLocation: Jupiter, FL | Salary: Competitive plus Great Benefits | Posted: 18 Jun 2020 | Closes: 18 Jul 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Retail/Cash Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/710250/193290
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Senior Software Developer. As a Senior Software Developer, you will work with a team to design, implement and support customer-facing applications to support the growth of Secure Solutions. The ideal candidate must be able to produce robust software that is highly reliable and user-friendly using prototyping techniques.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Work in a team of developers to design, implement and test Windows and Android based software applications
- Create and update documentation of test software, platforms and hardware
- Analyze requirements and architect new software applications
- Legacy application software and software test maintenance as well as appropriate Software/System trouble shooting and support of field/customer issues and appropriate resolution
- Develop strategies, test cases and automation for unit, integration and system testing
- Develop policies and procedures for software test design, development, execution and documentation
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in software development
- Prior work experience with Visual Studio/NET Platform
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have strong analytical capabilities in designing new systems / modules
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major Activity: Working on PC while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest: