Senior Service Technician Sudbury, Ontario Competitive
Senior Service TechnicianLocation: Sudbury, Ontario | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 6 Nov 2020 | Closes: 6 Dec 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/200374
Senior Service Technician - Technology
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
G4S is growing and we are in search of a Service Technician for our technology division. This technician will be responsible for servicing our clients in the assigned regions.
Reporting to the Operations manager, this full-time, salaried position is responsible for the servicing and maintaining of video (CCTV), access control and traditional security alarm systems protecting G4S customers’ property at commercial and industrial sites throughout the region.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Act as the first level of escalation and resolution for technical support issues, by responding to customers’ requests for support, as received and dispatched by the G4S service tracking and response system
- Provide technical support in the field, to corporate customers, and end users for complex security, networking, and video products. Support is provided to corporate customers, and end users remotely via telephone, or onsite response as required.
- Participate in the on-call (after hours standby and response) rotation responsibilities
- Maintain and upgrade software/hardware, identify and resolve most PC and security system related problems, and utilize various tools to assist in problem resolution
- Implement planned preventative maintenance program
- Manage and maintain truck inventory of security products, allocate and re-stock as necessary
- Resolve issues by using quantitative, analytical and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Prepare service call reports upon completion of each call, and record customer signoff
- Complete weekly timesheet
- Must possess excellent customer service and telephone skills
Perform security system installations including cabling, equipment mounting, terminations and programming.
Work at heights using a book truck or lift.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or certificate in electronics, electrical systems or related field with two years of field experience or equivalent combination of collegiate education and experience.
- Knowledge of Windows 7/8, XP, and 2003 Server, Internet Explorer, MS Office and similar platform technologies. Knowledge of Network Technologies (i.e. TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.) and other wireless technology. Knowledge and understanding and hands-on experience, with HP Procurve, and Cisco Switches. A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCSA or MCSE certification and experience in routing protocols, Internet technologies related to network infrastructure, routers, switches, and routing is desirable.
- Experience with IP video or VOIP, electronic security hardware and software including CCTV and Access Control is required (products and systems include: AMAG, Keyscan, Lenel, Software House, Axis, Bosch, Panasonic, Pelco, Milestone, Indigo Vision, Genetec, Condoplex, Commend, Stentofon or equivalent)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents.
- Oral and written English technical language skills with the ability to interpret requirements and provide reports
Health and Safety:
- Training and certification of WHMIS, First Aid, Fall Protection & lifts will be required, and is an asset if the candidate holds current certifications. Experience on a H&S committee or in a similar environment is desirable. Clean driver’s record is mandatory
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions (troubleshooting). On occasion the ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Working at heights (ladders or lifts) will be necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly may split time between an office environment and on construction sites, where there is moderate to occasional great noise levels. Minimal impact on a customer’s daily business operations, while carrying out the duties, is necessary. Local travel is required with occasional out of town/overnight scheduled service calls.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Project Manager: ESS