Senior Residential Manager MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire up to £37,842.00
Senior Residential ManagerLocation: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire | Salary: up to £37,842.00 | Posted: 24 Dec 2018 | Closes: 14 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7376
Senior Residential Manager
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes
Salary up to £37,842.00 - dependant on experience
Full-time (40 hours per week)
G4S Children's Services works closely with the Home Office, Youth Justice Board for England and Wales and the Ministry of Justice to ensure that its regimes and designs reflect best practice in residential care to prevent offending.
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre we look after young people aged 12 to 18 years old who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. The vulnerable young people in our care can be challenging with a wide range of social and emotional complex needs. This is an environment that calls for high standards of social care and service delivery to provide a secure and stable environment for young people to develop their life skills and address the behaviours that have led them into custody.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of community safety, including promoting the safeguarding of young people’s welfare. Act as Duty Director where required.
- Lead and develop the Residential Managers, including supervision, to maximise their management performance and ensure high standards of care, values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures, legislation and contractual and inspection framework requirements are met.
- Participate in centre assessment days, following safer recruitment guidelines to ensure delivery of the recruitment plan
- Manage the induction, coaching and support of new employees to effectively manage transition into the operation and maximise retention.
- Review, plan and manage the effective and efficient utilisation of resource to optimise service delivery.
- Participate in admissions, initial assessment and care planning to ensure that effective support plans are produced to meet individual requirements, minimise vulnerability and maximise resettlement outcomes.
- Analyse and act upon information in relation to the delivery of effective behaviour management.
- Ensure delivery of routine, activities and engagement, maximising relationships between Secure Care Officers and young people to enhance behaviour, safety and resettlement potential.
- Manage all incidents, to ensure effective de-escalation techniques are employed, and oversee the delivery off incident debriefs to promote learning opportunities.
- Engender a positive health and safety culture to meet and maintain relevant Health and Safety recognition.
- Undertake Duty Director responsibilities and support the leadership team with the implementation of development strategies.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Managerial experience within child-care
- Willingness and ability to undertake QCF level 5 in Leadership & Management
- Willing and able to carry out Duty Director responsibilities on a rostered basis
- Experience of project/ work planning, monitoring and reviewing
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar
It is every employee’s responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons he/she is responsible for or comes into contact with. Therefore every employee will be required to hold a current enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Scheme) certificate.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Youth Justice Board and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest: