Senior Operational Manager BRIDGEND £40,916.15
Senior Operational ManagerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £40,916.15 | Posted: 20 Sep 2021 | Closes: 18 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10471
Senior Operational Manager
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary: £40,916.15 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Cluster Manager to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 convicted male adult prisoners and remand / convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to manage residential units at HMP & YOI Parc, ensuring that all aspects of the Residential function are delivered to the highest standard and that key performance targets are achieved. To have strategic responsibility for the development of specialist units with specific focus on risk management and multi-disciplinary collaborative working.
- To contribute to a rehabilitative culture
- To ensure that all residential functions are in compliance with prison service requirements and related inspections such as HMIP
- Ensure compliance with performance monitoring and KPTs in areas of responsibility, to include serious assaults, doubling, time unlocked.
- Ensuring that all operational policies and procedures meet contractual compliance
- All prison service orders are implemented, audited and amended to promote a safe, secure and decent environment for all prisoners and staff
- Implement any action plans arising from internal and external audits in a timely manner
- Direct line management of unit/function to include all aspects of performance management and development of strategies through monthly bi-lat meetings
- Ensure Operational Manager conducts supervision with direct line reports.
- Monitor and liaise with the unit/function Operational Manager regarding day to day issues and routines.
- To manage sickness and absence within areas of responsibility to ensure compliance with the KPT target for percentage of staff on sick absence.
- Ensure effective management of unit/function staff, to include annual staff appraisals, performance management of staff and monitoring of probation periods, and staff development through compliance with mandatory training
- Ensure strong working relationships with regimes and offender management to promote resettlement opportunities
- Management of specialist units within your function
- This position will have key responsibility in terms of assessment and risk management, and for the alignment with and collaboration between Residential, Interventions and Offender Management functions.
- The postholder will be a critical interface with managers in the above identified functions.
- To develop, implement, monitor and amend processes relevant across the units you are responsible for and its interface across the establishment.
- Represent Parc at relevant management and inter-organisational groups/meetings and to take the lead on specific developments.
- Actively promote and ensure compliance with safer custody and violence reduction, conducting and contributing to case conferences and encouraging family liaison.
- Ensuring the implementation of internal and external audit reports.
- To conduct adjudications in line with prison service standards to ensure hearings are conducted fairly, justly and impartially.
- To carry out Investigations in accordance with the company policy.
- To carry out the role of Duty Director when required to do so, as per the Duty Director rota.
- Promoting the work of Interventions generally and its benefits to government, the public and other stakeholders.
- Contributing to planning the strategic direction of Interventions as part of the prison’s Reducing Re-offending strategy.
- Attending appropriate internal/external meetings and other forums and contributing to strategic development.
- To comply with Health & Safety requirements. Ensure risk assessments are completed in the areas you are responsible for.
- To ensure all Health & Safety requirements for your function comply with national and local guidelines, ensure you comply with timescales directed by the Health & Safety Department.
- To ensure BSC 5* compliance.
The Ideal Candidate:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Professional and articulate with demonstrated effectiveness in implementing services.
- Substantial experience and knowledge of Criminal Justice processes.
- Proven managerial experience within a Prison establishment
- Demonstrated good analytical skills.
- Substantial Operational experience including Incident Management.
- Ability to manage and utilise information systems and devise action planning structures to guide work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage / understand effective use of resources/finances.
- Proven experience of managing staff, including management of first line managers.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
HMP Parc encourages applications from Welsh speakers.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.