Senior Nurse Barnard Castle, Durham £28,050 to £36,644
Senior NurseLocation: Barnard Castle, Durham | Salary: £28,050 to £36,644 | Posted: 9 Jan 2019 | Closes: 6 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7267
HMP Deerbolt, Barnard Castle
£28,050 to £36,644 per annum, plus £1500 annual environmental allowance
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
£1500 'Golden Hello' bonus upon starting with the company*
Are you looking for a career within a prison healthcare environment?
HMYOI Deerbolt is an establishment on the outskirts of Barnard Castle in County Durham, which looks after young men between the ages of 18 to 21 years of age. Our service operates 7 days per week (no Night Duties ) delivering a Primary and Emergency care service to the establishment.
We operate a Primary Healthcare facility largely focusing on Health Promotion to a group of young men aged between 18 to 21 years of age. We use telemedicine to manage appropriate health referral’s and this is an ever expanding area of practice. We work closely with partnership agencies including, the Prison Service, Mental Health teams, Learning Disabilities nursing, Sexual Health Services, Substance Misuse services. Dental Services, Pharmacies and GP Services.
To ensure the provision of a nursing service that meets the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Develop and deliver care pathways.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention and any unmet needs.
- To work to deliver the health needs assessment for offenders.
- Ensure a professional service is delivered in line with contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Ensure you and other staff complete relevant documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice.
- Control and coordinate effective operational management of the clinical team on a day to day basis.
- Management supervision of junior nursing staff.
- Undertake bi annual Employee Development Reviews (EDR) for direct reports.
- Participate where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Undertake the role of clinical supervisor and participate in clinical supervision.
- Assist in coaching, supporting and motivating staff to enhance their performance and ensure high standards of service delivery, reporting areas of concern as appropriate.
- To support innovation and training within healthcare services.
- As agreed with Line Manager provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with legislation and current best practice.
- Operate in accordance with G4S company values, ensuring ethical and professional standards are maintained at all times.
- As agreed with Line Manager liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate healthcare service.
- In a deputising capacity attend quarterly Partnership Board meetings (comprising customer / key stakeholders in the healthcare service), producing and presenting appropriate agreed reports.
- Supporting the Line Manager in monitoring and evaluating management information.
- Under the supervision of Line Manager work with the health and safety team to assist in the maintenance of nationally recognised audits.
- Be prepared to undertake training and development appropriate to role.
- Assist in carrying out investigations and disciplinary hearings as agreed with your Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
*Golden Hello Scheme
G4S Healthcare has introduced a ‘Golden Hello’ Scheme to reward candidates for choosing G4S Healthcare as an employer. The scheme applies upon the successful full time contracted recruitment of Qualified Nursing Posts.
Following all satisfactory pre-employment checks and commencement of employment, you will receive the payment in two instalments as follows:
£750 on commencement of employment (once all satisfactory pre-employment checks have been completed)
£750 on successful completion of 6 months service.
The payments will be non-pensionable and will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.
Further information will be discussed at interview, should you be successful.
Please note this vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Barnstaple, Devon
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Sexual Offences Examiner (SOE) Dr