Senior Nurse Barnard Castle, Durham £29,550 - £38,144
Senior NurseLocation: Barnard Castle, Durham | Salary: £29,550 - £38,144 | Posted: 24 Jan 2019 | Closes: 21 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Fixed & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7474
Senior Nurse - Fixed Term Contract to August 2019
HMP Deerbolt, Barnard Castle
£29,550 - £38,144 per annum
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Senior Nurse to join our team at HMP Deerbolt.
HMYOI Deerbolt is an establishment on the outskirts of Barnard Castle in County Durham, which looks after young men between the ages of 18 to 21 years of age. Our service operates 7 days per week (no Night Duties ) delivering a Primary and Emergency care service to the establishment.
We operate a Primary Healthcare facility largely focusing on Health Promotion to a group of young men aged between 18 to 21 years of age. We use telemedicine to manage appropriate health referral’s and this is an ever expanding area of practice. We work closely with partnership agencies including, the Prison Service, Mental Health teams, Learning Disabilities nursing, Sexual Health Services, Substance Misuse services. Dental Services, Pharmacies and GP Services.
Benefits as a Senior Nurse:
- Salary of £29,550 - £38,144 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
To ensure the provision of a nursing service that meets the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Develop and deliver care pathways.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention and any unmet needs.
- To work to deliver the health needs assessment for offenders.
- Ensure a professional service is delivered in line with contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Ensure you and other staff complete relevant documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice.
- Control and coordinate effective operational management of the clinical team on a day to day basis.
- Management supervision of junior nursing staff.
- Undertake bi annual Employee Development Reviews (EDR) for direct reports.
- Participate where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Undertake the role of clinical supervisor and participate in clinical supervision.
- Assist in coaching, supporting and motivating staff to enhance their performance and ensure high standards of service delivery, reporting areas of concern as appropriate.
- To support innovation and training within healthcare services.
- As agreed with Line Manager provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with legislation and current best practice.
- Operate in accordance with G4S company values, ensuring ethical and professional standards are maintained at all times.
- As agreed with Line Manager liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate healthcare service.
- In a deputising capacity attend quarterly Partnership Board meetings (comprising customer / key stakeholders in the healthcare service), producing and presenting appropriate agreed reports.
- Supporting the Line Manager in monitoring and evaluating management information.
- Under the supervision of Line Manager work with the health and safety team to assist in the maintenance of nationally recognised audits.
- Be prepared to undertake training and development appropriate to role.
- Assist in carrying out investigations and disciplinary hearings as agreed with your Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Experience of working within financial constraints
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of involvement in innovation or change
- Experience of facilitating in an area of training.
- Familiarity with recruitment and selection of staff
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Able to analyse and interpret management information
- Driving Licence
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Please note this vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Barnstaple, Devon
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner
Apply now Sexual Offences Examiner (SOE) Dr