Senior Nurse Primary Care £30,401 - £37,267
Senior Nurse Primary CareLocation: | Salary: £30,401 - £37,267 | Posted: 20 Jun 2019 | Closes: 25 Jul 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7901
G4S Health Services UK Ltd is a national provider of critical primary and forensic healthcare services for the public and private sectors. We have delivered services to police forces and within secure sites throughout the UK since 2005 with customers in local government and the NHS.
HMP Holme House holds up to 1200 sentenced adult males in 7 residential units. It also has a 16 bedded inpatient unit for the North East Region.
We provide primary care in a range of clinics which include but are not limited to Dressings / Venepuncture/ Nurse Triage / Smoking Cessation. We administer medication up to 4 times a day; this includes Controlled Drugs (CD’s) and Opiate Substitution Treatment (OST).
Holme House also has a dedicated DART (Drug Alcohol Recovery Team).
Holme House is close to the A19 for easy access. We have a free on-site staff car park and gym.
Benefits as a Senior Nurse:
- Salary of £30,401 - £37,267 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Job Outline: You will contribute to the positive and aspirational development of the nursing team, by promoting an agenda of recovery from the dependence on drugs and/or alcohol within the client group and which supports the goals of reducing re-offending, increasing re-integration into meaningful and sustained occupation and improving social and family relationships.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- 1st level RGN or RMN with current registration with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Willingness to undertake Diploma/Degree in Substance Misuse or equivalent
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Post registration qualification in the nursing care, assessment and treatment of substance misuse clients.
- RCGP 1
- Experience of keyworking and care planning
- Evidence of team leadership and supervision of junior staff
- Evidence in participating in planning and/or management meetings at a senior level
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experiences of working within substance misuse services
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to lead and develop teams.
- Ability to provide and co-ordinate clinical and management supervision
- Ability to lead and facilitate decision-making processes
- Organisational skills
- Ability to work in partnership with other agencies.
- Ability to treat service users with respect and dignity at all times, adopting a culturally sensitive approach, which considers the needs of the whole person.
- Good presentation of self, enthusiastic, flexible, innovative.
- Flexible attitude to working arrangements.
- Ability to work within a pressurised environment.
- Mentally and physically fit to undertake the role
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Diploma/Degree in Substance Misuse or equivalent
- Post registration certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Advanced Life Support provider
- BBV training
- RCGP 2
- Experiences of working within prison/secure setting
- Experiences of working with complex mental health conditions
- Awareness/knowledge of research skills.
- Clinical/substance misuse and health related knowledge
- Ability to work within a harm reduction model
- Understanding of relapse prevention model.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Bank Substance Misuse Non-Medical Prescriber
Apply now Bank Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN /RMN
Apply now Staff Nurse - Deerbolt YOI
Apply now Primary Care Clinical Lead
Apply now Band 5 Primary Care Staff Nurse