Senior Manager OMU - Drug Strategy BRIDGEND £39,239.00
Senior Manager OMU - Drug StrategyLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £39,239.00 | Posted: 7 Jan 2019 | Closes: 14 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7397
**INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY**
Senior Manager OMU - Drug Strategy
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £39,239 per annum
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Senior Manager OMU - Drug Strategy to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to ensure that all Offender Management functions are compliant with Prison Service requirements and related inspections/audits.
- To manage Substance Misuse provision, meet relevant PSI expectations and oversee collaborative working to an agreed Drug Strategy
- To ensure quality of provision across Drug Strategy processes and interventions (including accredited treatment programmes)
- To ensure Drug Strategy activity is integrated with Healthcare (CSMA clinics), case management and Security functions
- To ensure an effective use of prison wide resources to provide a broad based approach towards reducing Substance Misuse
- To ensure Substance Misuse pre-release services are effective and meet expectations both internally and externally
- To manage and be knowledgeable about all Offender Management processes in the department, including OASys, HDC, Parole, ROTL and recategorisation
- To ensure compliance with Prison Service Orders and Instructions relating to the Offender Management function in order to meet/exceed performance or contractual targets
- To develop, implement, monitor and assess relevant processes within the Offender Management department
- To implement any action plans arising from internal and external audits or inspections in a timely manner
- Line management responsibilities to include all aspects of performance management, absence management, development and support through monthly bi-lat meetings
- To build effective working relationships and encourage collaboration between departments working towards the reduction of offenders’ risk
- To represent the Offender Management department and HMP/YOI Parc at relevant management and inter-organisational groups/meetings
- To work closely with the Safer Custody and Community Safety teams, contributing to case conferences and encouraging family liaison
- To ensure Health and Safety requirements are met and monitored, including adherence to policies relevant to the safety and security of prisoners, staff and visitors
- To potentially carry out the Duty Director role, subject to relevant training
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven managerial experience within a Prison establishment
- Knowledge of G4S Justice Services policies and strategy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent managerial skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong team player
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.