Senior Manager OMU (Case Admin and Compliance) BRIDGEND £37,500
Senior Manager OMU (Case Admin and Compliance)Location: BRIDGEND | Salary: £37,500 | Posted: 24 Feb 2020 | Closes: 9 Mar 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8656
Senior Manager OMU (Case Admin and Compliance)
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary £37,500 per annum
Full Time, 40 hours per week
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now due to the retirement of a long time member of the team, we have an opportunity for a Senior Manager OMU (Case Admin and Compliance) to join us at HMP Parc, a category B prison, In Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1700 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
This post sits within the Offender Management function at Parc, which includes OM Case Management. This role will be required to ensure that all Offender Management functions are compliant with Prison Service requirements and related inspections/audits..
- To manage and be knowledgeable about all Offender Management processes in the department, including OASys, HDC, Parole, ROTL and recategorisation
- To ensure compliance with Prison Service Orders and Instructions relating to the Offender Management function in order to meet/exceed performance or contractual targets
- To develop, implement, monitor and assess relevant processes within the Offender Management department
- To collate, monitor and quality assure Key Worker data, liaising closely with OMiC managers to ensure compliance with contractual targets and quality of data
- To manage, monitor and ensure compliance within the establishment’s OMU Prisoner Allocation process
- To actively encourage collaboration between departments working towards the reduction of risk of offenders, including residential and high risk areas
- To implement any action plans arising from internal and external audits or inspections in a timely manner
- Line management responsibilities to include all aspects of performance management, absence management, development and support through monthly bi-lat meetings
- To represent the Offender Management department and HMP/YOI Parc at relevant management and inter-organisational groups/meetings
- To countersign OASys assessments
- To work with a clear OM team based ethos and manage/provide cover for other E1 management activities as required
- To ensure Health and Safety requirements are met and monitored, including adherence to policies relevant to the safety and security of prisoners, staff and visitors
- To perform promptly any other duty as deemed appropriate by Head of Function
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven managerial experience within a prison establishment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong team player
- Awareness of operational functions
- Excellent managerial skills
- Analytical skills
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.