Senior Infrastructure TechnicianLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum based on full time hours. | Posted: 11 Feb 2019 | Closes: 1 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4627
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but growing team who provide mission critical services to Lincolnshire Police Force. The services are provided by the G4S team who are based at Lincolnshire Police HQ in Nettleham and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a Senior Infrastructure Technician.
This is a full time position of 40 hours per week. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham.
The successful candidate will lead the Infrastructure Technician team members to provide technical support and advice to all users of IT services to ensure that operational issues and queries are diagnosed and resolved as quickly as possible for Lincolnshire Police and G4S staff.
- Provide day to day support and act as the key point of contact for the Service Desk Manager in relation to Second Line support
- Follow the G4S Leadership Principles and act as a role model to ensure the team deliver high levels of customer service and satisfaction
- Schedule Second Line Technician staff to ensure IT Infrastructure queues and system administration tasks are completed to agreed targets
- Ensure that Second Line Technician staff work in line with Company and client policies, values, and processes
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of current practice in own area of expertise.
- Provision of second line support services for all users in terms of incidents, service requests, changes, developments, location maintenance and system administration.
- Ensure the timely resolution of incidents, problems and service requests as prioritised in agreed Service Levels.
- Co-ordinate workflow to ensure 2nd Line service delivery deadlines are met in line with the contract and to ensure excellence in performance is achieved.
- Ensure documentation is current and up to date.
- Set priorities, monitor progress and apply escalation procedures for incidents, problems and changes not progressing satisfactorily.
- Ensure all key interested parties and users are kept informed of progress at key stages within any incidents, planned work or service requests.
- Ensure that systems remain supportable, expandable, fit for purpose and capable of delivering ongoing business value and benefit.
- Take ownership for 2nd Line work stream tasks planned and allocated as part G4S and Force projects
- Take ownership of the technical elements of relevant contracts including asset management, change requests, provisioning, and upgrades and decommissioning.
- Maintain and configure telephony systems ensuring availability to all users.
- Interfacing with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Maintain, configure and monitor G4S and client radio equipment.
- Provides out of hours assistance to users and colleagues by participating in the IT out of hours on call service.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems (Win 7-10).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/ PowerPoint/Access etc).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory including: Active Directory Security and Distribution Groups, Organisation Units and Group Policy.
- Installation of software packages via a variety of tools e.g. LanDesk / Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Network topologies relating to WAN/LAN including TCPIP, Ethernet, ADSL etc.
- Knowledge of server architectures including Microsoft Server, DNS, RAID, redundancy.
- Good working knowledge of VOIP and PABX technology.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in order to operate at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Good analytical skills for problem solving.
- Knowledge of VDI technologies e.g. RDS, Citrix etc.
- Has experience of mentoring technical staff and supporting their development.
- Hold a full driving licence as travel to other locations will be required.
Jobs that might be of interest:IT Security and Network Specialist
Apply now IT Server Specialist
Apply now Cleaner - Maternity Cover
Location: Carlton Road, Worksop
Apply now Site Manager
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Apply now Contracts Administrator