Senior Human Resources Manager Richmond, BC Competitive
Senior Human Resources ManagerLocation: Richmond, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 16 Oct 2019 | Closes: 16 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/172625
Human Resources Manager
Are you currently a junior HR Manager, or Senior HR Generalist (or similar) with some people management experience? Are you looking for a challenging position where you will gain extensive experience in all functional areas of HR, including labour relations? If so this is the job for you!
Come join an exciting division (Aviation) within a world-class Company, and help build the HR department into a best in class organization. You will make a difference in helping ensure the safety of over 25 million airline passengers!
Our industry is a fast-paced, exciting environment where your innovation and creativity are needed. You will be working under a progressive HR Director who is committed to helping you develop into an exceptional HR practitioner. If you have a great attitude and a desire to learn and grow, then APPLY today!
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing a small team of HR Generalists. This includes coaching, advising, and supporting the team as well as other Managers in all areas of HR such as performance management, labour and employee relations, compensation, organizational development, and recruitment. Ensures compliance with corporate policies and applicable Federal, Provincial, Municipal and local laws.
Major Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Primarily responsible for managing the overall performance of their team of HR Generalists.
- Within assigned client group, responsible for a wide variety of HR functions such as performance management, organizational development, labour/employee relations, and compensation.
- Support/lead HR project teams.
- Ensure that the recruiting, interviewing, qualification, and hiring of all screening officers are conducted in accordance with established policy and in a cost- effective manner.
- Support HR team in administration of union grievance procedures and CBA compliance.
- Ensure all human resources activities are in compliance with corporate governance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC), credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- University Degree in Business or a related field. A Diploma will be considered in combination with extensive (10+) years of directly related experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Human Resources, dealing with a unionized workforce.
- Previous supervisory/management experience is an asset.
- Designation as a CPHR is an asset.
- Meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements.
- Efficiency In Oral And Written Communication
- Self-Awareness, Emotional Intelligence
- Proficiency With Microsoft Office Applications
- Superior Customer Service Orientation
- Coaching, Mentoring, Motivating
- Mediate Conflict With Tact, Diplomacy
- Assess and Evaluate Situations
- Promotes Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Identify Critical Issues Quickly and Accurately
- Synthesize Facts, Concepts, Principles
- Set Attainable Goals for Self and Others
- Develop Effective Customer Relations
- Identify Details and Alternatives
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Lead Through Teamwork, Collaboration and Cooperation
- Ability to Recognize Cause and Effect
- Ability to Multitask in a Fast Paced Environment
Other Related Attributes That Would Enhance Hiring Consideration:
- Proficiency with the Google suite of Applications.
- Experience dealing with multiple unions among the same workforce.
- Experience/certification in Training/Facilitation.
About the Company:
G4S Aviation, a division of G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., provides screening services to YVR and 20 other airports throughout British Columbia and the Yukon in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.