Senior Helpdesk Administrator BRIDGEND £25,000
Senior Helpdesk AdministratorLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £25,000 | Posted: 12 Nov 2019 | Closes: 3 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8297
Senior Helpdesk Administrator
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary £25,000 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Senior Helpdesk Administrator to join our Facilities Management team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who has experience within a Facilities Management environment, to join our on-site team leading a customer focused helpdesk team ensuring all aspects of contract administration are completed in accordance with contractual requirements. They will also be required to provide cover for the Soft Services Manager in their absence.
Using excellent leadership and good communication skills they will coach and develop the administration team to meet changing operational and business requirements. While being adaptable to change in an evolving business.
With tight deadlines and targets to meet they must be able to manage their own workload and have the skills to deal with issues of high sensitivity.
- To lead helpdesk team to ensure that all helpdesk calls are logged effectively and information held on concept is kept up to date at all times.
- To deal with escalations from helpdesk team members and to liaise with the client as required providing updates and facilitating resolutions.
- To ensure that the helpdesk is covered at all times required by the contract.
- Contribute to company objectives by meeting own performance objectives.
- Purchasing of all necessary items for the contract ensuring compliance with company procurement policies
- To maintain contract documentation and filing system to ensure compliance but particularly in readiness for audits
- To maintain excellent working relationships with subcontractors to ensure high standards are delivered by all sub-contractors used on site.
- To prepare quotations for client in line with established process.
- To run reports for the hard services team leaders and managers to follow through on outstanding jobs to meet target deadlines.
- To deal with invoice queries to ensure smooth approval and payments.
- Develop effective relationships with all customers and clients.
- Working closing with hard services team to provide a proactive service for their requirements.
- To under go any training as and when required.
- To complete any other tasks within skill set required and directed by your line manager
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience within an FM environment.
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to handle issues of high sensitivity
- A good administration background
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and targets.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Resilient and able to work well on own initiative while under pressure, meeting tight deadlines while balancing a number of priorities.
- IOSH managing safety
- Working knowledge of concept evolution.
- Working knowledge of SAP & ARIBA.
- Qualified to BSC level 2 in Health & Safety.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.