Senior Commercial Analyst Rotherham, South Yorkshire £50,000
Senior Commercial AnalystLocation: Rotherham, South Yorkshire | Salary: £50,000 | Posted: 29 May 2019 | Closes: 26 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7845
Senior Commercial Analyst
£50,000 per annum
Home Based (Must be prepared to travel to London & Rotherham on a regular basis)
Job outline: Provide commercial, financial and reporting support to the operational teams within the various ESS business areas. Produce operational reporting, adhoc financial and commercial models/review for projects and contracts.
- Own reporting and contract lifecycle modelling process across Welfare to Work contracts.
- Provide key insights on operational performance, through various reports including dashboards, trend analysis reports and similar MI to aid informed decision making
- Develop/Extend plans and models for budgeting and rolling forecast processes
- Undertake adhoc and regular Cost Benefit Analysis as well as Variance Analysis for various projects and/or contracts
- Develop financial models for various reasons such as ascertaining profitability of contracts, establishing cost structure, track mobilisation/capex spend, etc.
- Use enhanced pricing model as a tool to support new contract wins, contract extensions as well as proposition of new business cases
- Support with operational and financial reporting processes during month end and year end
- Verify integrity of financial MI by establishing controls for data throughput from operational CRM systems to various integrated finance systems
- Set up efficient and sustainable Management Information systems for new/existing contracts by identifying key parameters and collating requirements from key stakeholders
- Develop and propagate the use of trackers and tools to establish financial controls of various internal processes
- Provide automation of financial, audit and operational processes using Excel VBA/Access/VBA/Microsoft SSRS and SQL queries
- Work on adhoc projects on a regular basis as required by the business
- Liaise and work collaboratively with key stakeholders in the business and other operational departments, as appropriate
- Ensure all Health & Safety training and actions are undertaken as applicable to your area of responsibility
- Undertake any other duties as requested appropriate to the role
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelors’ / Chartered /Masters’ degree with finance
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA, ACA or demonstrable equivalent commercial technical knowledge
- Finance & accounting reporting cycle
- Excel and VBA
- Ability of explain financial concepts to non-financial members of the team
- Experience working in an environment with systems integration into a finance function
- Commercial awareness & drive
- Delivering Results & meeting customer expectations
- Have excellent organisational & planning skills; to balance multiple demands in a complex & changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Knowledge of PO/invoicing process along with Capex requirements
- Financial systems, including Great Plains & Data Warehouse tools
- Experience of working with SAP/SAP BPC/EPM
- Experience of outsource business model
Jobs that might be of interest:Operations Manager Fine Art UK
Apply now Detainee Custody Officer
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex