Senior Cashier- Coin Coventry Coin Centre £24,400
Senior Cashier- CoinLocation: Coventry Coin Centre | Salary: £24,400 | Posted: 10 May 2021 | Closes: 28 Jun 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7114
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
• Communicate effectively with internal suppliers and customers (e.g. vault) to ensure cash is supplied & taken in a controlled and efficient manner.
• Liaise and communicate with other areas to assure the smooth running of the area.
• Conduct training of new coin operatives and give ongoing training as necessary.
• Monitor, publish and communicate processing rates on an hourly basis if required.
• Assure high standards of housekeeping and adherence to work wear policies.
• Ensure timely and full completion of all supporting documentation.
• Manage a team of coin operatives to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Assure all Company security procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure a full audit trail is maintained for values transferred to and from the area.
• Verify discrepancy claims paperwork and supporting documentation.
• Verify unclaimable losses and investigate potential causes.
• Ensure productivity targets are understood and challenge any underperformance.
• Proactive input to productivity gains and waste elimination opportunities.
• Ensure optimum workflow to individual cashiers to maximise efficiency.
• Assure the area is kept clean (5S) and free of hazards and Health & Safety issues are reported.
• Complete return to work interviews and individual performance meetings
• Ensure documentation to support effective handover between shifts.
• Ensure audit compliance.
• Investigate and report on equipment faults to assure timely rectification action.
• Authorise any discrepancies and ensure adequate investigation and documentation.
• Be responsible for adherence to the audit requirements and the correction of any failures/shortfalls in score in a structured format.
• Ensure all funds held are secured and there is full identification of these at all times.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to motivate and influence others.
• Good team player.
• Competent in training others
• Proactive approach and ability to use own initiative.
• Previous work experience in cashier/cash handling role or production environment.
• Working knowledge of cash processes and equipment.
• Supervisory experience or demonstrate leadership qualities.
This role will be subject to screening including but not limited to a criminal record check, credit check and 10 year background check. In addition, this role will be subject to a medical review which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org