Senior Administrator AssistantLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £21,200 per annum based on 40 hours per week. | Posted: 23 Aug 2019 | Closes: 6 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G19114
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for individuals who are interested in joining us as a Senior Administration Assistant.
Working within a multi-disciplinary department, you will be responsible for maintaining and interrogating computer systems, to quality control the accuracy and validity of information held in accordance with Force Policy, National Guidance and the Data Protection legislation. The successful candidate will provide support and assistance within the department ensuring the smooth operation of its core tasks and support operational officers. You will promote equality of opportunity to the people of Lincolnshire and treat all individuals fairly with dignity and respect; to provide a high quality, customer focused administrative support.
- Responsible for the inputting, updating, maintenance and quality control of information onto Police, National and other force computer systems in accordance with policies and directives current at the relevant time.
- Create and assist in the accurate and prompt maintenance of manual and computerised records to ensure the integrity of data held, in line with company policies and procedures so that all information is readily available and accessible.
- Liaise and work in partnership with but not limited to Lincolnshire Police, Partner Agencies and other Police Forces to maintain and strengthen the commitment to improve customer service.
- To administer process, maintain and progress case file information on appropriate computer systems or manual records and in accordance with national and locally agreed standards for quality and timeliness.
- Respond to enquiries or correspondence as required and provide the appropriate advice, guidance and support as necessary and in accordance with established protocol.
- Develop a positive team environment; co-ordinating activity, developing staff and allocating workload fairly across a multi skilled team.
- Where required, attend and give evidence at court.
- Where appropriate ensure robust, effective investigation and decision making takes place in a timely manner and where appropriate review, progress or task further actions.
- To represent G4S Policing Services and the Lincolnshire Police CJS at local, regional and national level when required.
- Provide supervision of day to day tasks carried out within the Criminal Justice Service to assist and support the Criminal Justice Service Management Team and other units as appropriate within G4S Policing Support Services.
- Undertake other clerical and administrative tasks as required including maintenance of data quality and the generation and reporting of management and performance information.
- Co-ordinate and deliver training and carry out other duties as may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Dealing with Changing Circumstances
- Supporting and Working with Others
- Dealing with Complexity
- Acting Professionally
- Delivering great Customer Service
- Sharing and Co-Operating
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent written, oral, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to check, collate and analyse information ensuring a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates the ability to assimilate knowledge of relevant force policies and procedures.
- Pro-active and positive attitude and the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative.
- Ability to enter, interrogate and retrieve information from computer systems
- Demonstrates skills in planning, co-ordinating and prioritising workloads.
- Able to work within an environment focussed on achieving performance targets
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Police procedures, working practices and basic law.
- Previous experience of supervising, motivating and developing staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Jobs that might be of interest:Firearms Licensing Administration Assistant
Apply now File Checker/ Gatekeeper
Apply now Crime Management Bureau Administrator Fixed Term Contract 12 Months
Apply now Crime Management Bureau Administrator
Apply now Housekeeping Operative - Hinkley Point C