SENCO Teacher Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire £32,082.00 - £37,221.00
SENCO TeacherLocation: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £32,082.00 - £37,221.00 | Posted: 10 Jan 2021 | Closes: 24 Jan 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9500
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes, MK5 6AJ
Salary range : £32,082.00 - £37,221.00 per annum
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services works closely with the Home Office, Youth Justice Board and Youth Custody Service for England and Wales and the Ministry of Justice to ensure that its regimes and designs reflect best practice in residential care to prevent offending.
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre we are a small custodial unit that looks after and educates up to 80 children aged 14 to 18 years old who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. The vulnerable children in our care can be challenging with a wide range of social and emotional complex needs. This is an environment that calls for high standards of care and service delivery to provide a secure and stable environment for children to develop their education and life skills and address the behaviours that have led them into custody.
To carry out the professional duties of a SENCO as circumstances may require and in accordance with G4S and the STC’s policies under the ultimate direction of the Head of Education. To support in the library provision and undertake the exam procedure within the site.
- To ensure under the direction of the Head and Deputy Head of Education that Trainees with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) are taught effectively throughout the STC.
- To manage all aspects of inclusion and intervention for trainees with additional and educational needs within the STC.
- To provide strategic leadership for the development and management of SEND provision throughout the STC.
- To identify areas for improvement linked to the QUIP and company initiatives.
- To act as a role model of good practice for other teachers, modelling effective strategies for them.
Areas of responsibility and Key Tasks:
Leadership and management functions
- To contribute to G4S’s and the STC’s aim of raising overall success throughout the programmes by ensuring an adequate provision of a range of reading and activities materials for all those who wish to make use of the library facility and undertake the exam officer procedures.
- To develop and monitor the STC’s policy for meeting the needs of trainees with SEND.
- To contribute to the QUIP for SEND and monitor its implementation and impact.
- To report progress, updates and current position when required to any level.
- Monitor progress levels and utilise information to inform and guide future practice.
- Undertake the day to day co-ordination of SEND within the STC.
- Work in partnership with other departments and staff to ensure the best possible learning opportunities for the trainees both in education and on the units.
- To ensure that policies and procedures meet the specific needs of trainees.
- To ensure that any trainee identified as SEN support receives targeted support.
- To collect and interpret data from various sources to inform interventions, resources, policies and teaching strategies.
- To ensure the dissemination of information and strategies with regard to trainees who are experiencing barriers to learning taking into account the provision of ESOL.
- The management of the LSA team.
- The provision of relevant information to staff as well as training and advice strategies to reduce barriers to learning and differentiation.
- The assessment of trainees for, and the associated paperwork and liaisons related to the provisions access arrangements for examinations.
- To ensure there is a co-ordinated approach to intervention across the STC.
- Too monitor and evaluate the work of colleagues and report findings to your line manager and SMT when required.
- To attend all appropriate meetings.
- To promote and provide equality of access and opportunity across the STC.
- To keep abreast of educational developments through reading, source attendance, resource evaluation and local / national initiatives.
- Assist in supporting staff in understanding the needs of SEN trainees.
- To provide cover for absent colleagues should it be necessary.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
- To maintain records and carry out assessment activities in accordance with G4S and STC requirements.
- To contribute to discipline throughout the school, encouraging all trainees to maintain a high standard of behaviour.
- To be responsible for monitoring and reporting on trainee progress in accordance with STC requirements.
- To be responsible for the pastoral needs of trainees and promote their wellbeing through offering guidance and advice and through monitoring their social and emotional development.
- To ensure equal opportunities and the principles of inclusion inform the teaching and learning process.
- To plan and implement learning activities in accordance with G4S and STC requirements.
- Ensure EDR’s are completed timely.
- Ensure all Learner Files are accurate and up to date, with no more than <5% non-compliance.
- Ensure all work on the units is suitable, marked and fed back to the young person. An audit trail is in place
- To improve success rates
- To improve attendance
- To assist in the reduction of incidents within education
Every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the position, each individual task that you are required to undertake may not have been identified.
Employees are expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this Job Description.
The Ideal Candidate:
Jobs that might be of interest:Secure Care Officer (Oakhill STC, Milton Keynes)
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now HR Officer
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Administrator
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now RMN/RNLD
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Part Time Clinical Psychologist
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire