Security Systems Administrator Savannah, Georgia Competitive with Great Benefits
Security Systems AdministratorLocation: Savannah, Georgia | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 23 Sep 2021 | Closes: 23 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2985559/217997
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Security Systems Administrator. The Security Systems Administrator will have a complete understanding of the Perspective, Share-point visitor management system and Lenel to include video, badging, database and some programming. This position will maintain access control systems and work through issues using the maintenance process and have a complete understanding of the video management system. This position is responsible for recognizing discrepancies within systems performance, able to perform necessary corrective steps prior to escalating. Knowledge of preventive maintenance routines and upgrades of clients and server applications are required. This position will act as client liaison for security enterprise technology.
The Security Systems Administrator will have a strong working knowledge of the fire system and understand the process of fire information transmission over Ethernet, work toward integration of access control, video, visitor management and fire systems as defined by client Management, and establish and conduct a systems training program for all operating companies.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Performance optimization of a variety of computer programs and badge making machines
- Troubleshoot and bring to resolution technical issues relating to the overall security system to include video, alarm functionality and access control
- Monitor activity and conduct analysis on alarm occurrences, employee and visitor access/usage to ensure software packages are performing properly in the areas they are deployed
- Design and implement national security system training program for security offices; evaluate employee proficiency
- Present information on security technology subject matters to security management team and front-line security personnel as needed
- Provide Information Protection per the Security Manual (IV01
- Provide security education and awareness compliance tracking for client contract
- Maintain audit ready documentation with SMS (Security Management System)
- Annual site self-assessments to ensure security compliance
- Participate in audit process for area of responsibility
- Participate in projects/operational duties relating to emergency planning/risk assessment
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Two-year degree in Security Administration or Information Technology
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two years experience managing a security SMS (Security Management System)
Type and Length of Specific Experience
- While not required, the following prior experience would enhance hiring consideration:
- Previous professional experience in security, law enforcement, criminal justice or other security related fields
- Broad knowledge in one or more areas of security devices, systems, technologies, databases, and software including, but not limited to, controlled access systems (CAS), security badge systems, lock and key systems, Fire/Life Safety systems, program/project management, database technical support, and financial and/or administrative support.
- Proficiency to perform and/or support all components of security program including risk analysis/mitigation, physical security, emergency preparedness/response, information protection, incident management/reporting, and investigations
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and/or Google Applications
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Shift Supervisor - Captain
Location: Jenkinsville, SC
Apply now High Profile Security Guard - Government Services Site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Norfolk County, ON
Apply now Hospital Security Guard
Location: Midland, ON