Security Supervisor , United Kingdom 14.85 hourly
Security SupervisorLocation: , United Kingdom | Salary: 14.85 hourly | Posted: 21 Jun 2022 | Closes: 22 Jul 2022 | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 495
work closely with the manager ensuring all administrative duties required are completed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To effectively plan, manage and deliver all security related tasks.
- Supervisor will help to coordinate, direct, and lead Officers to accomplish security-related tasks and services.
- Shift supervisors do not have the responsibility for hiring, firing, and/or performance appraisals, however they may be required to provide input to management in these areas.
- Be responsive to the client’s needs and work in partnership with the client and other suppliers to support the delivery of the services.
- Be able to supervise a team of security guards ensuring all SOP’s are followed and take responsibility for the actions carried out by the security officers.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels, with clients and dealing with difficult situations.
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of a security team, their roles, and responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of site processes and procedures, and aptitude for learning and applying such.
- Ability and willingness to come to work early or stay late when required.
- Proactive mindset toward identifying areas of concern and resolving them.
- Make informed decisions regarding Security matters and give officers direction as needed.
- Guide and instruct officers in the performance of their duties and ensure compliance with the policies and procedures.
- Set an example of efficiency, sobriety, discretion, professionalism, and promptness. Never use abusive language or act arbitrarily in dealing with officers.
- Help to ensure officers have the tools and equipment to adequately perform their jobs.
- Assisting with the training of new staff members.
- Altering the roster to source appropriate security cover when a member of staff is sick or on holiday
5.6 weeks holiday per year, 8 of these will be in lieu of bank holidays (worked or not worked)
Workplace Pension Scheme
Great 4 Savings Employee Discount Scheme
Progression, training and development opportunities
About the Company
G4S is a leading global security and outsourcing group, specialising in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S have recently been acquired by Allied Universal making the company the biggest security provider and the 7th largest employer in the World.
Jobs that might be of interest: