Security Supervisor Edmonton, Alberta C$20 - C$25.00
Security SupervisorLocation: Edmonton, Alberta | Salary: C$20 - C$25.00 | Posted: 14 Sep 2020 | Closes: 30 Sep 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3488096/197580
G4S is proud to offer:
- High Wages
- Free Uniform
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Continuous Learning Environment
- Support and guidance throughout your career
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation or criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Site Supervisor with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly, on your feet and maintain a professional manner. Our Security Guards must always project a professional image for our clients.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions:
- Supervise and lead a team of 10 to 15 employees.
- Ensuring security duties are carried out in compliance with all provincial and municipal laws including Trespass to Property legislation.
- Directing the delivery of security services according to third party service agreements.
- Maintaining local site-specific post orders and directives by reviewing and notifying Client and G4S of required revisions.
- Maintain master schedules for all security posts and to ensure submission to G4S for payroll and billing purposes.
- Addressing performance issues by following informal corrective action and where applicable disciplinary actions in coordination with the Human Resource Manager and Operations Manager.
- Carrying out supervisory and management functions and responsibilities, including Training of new staff, daily site inspections, maintaining compliance and discipline of site staff performance of staff evaluations on a regular basis.
The Ideal Candidate:
- High School Diploma and/or College/University Education
- Alberta Basic Security License
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in security with a minimum 1 year in a supervisory role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrate superior judgment and decision-making ability.
- Acting with professionalism and integrity.
- Demonstrates an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace.
- Motivate, support and inspire; builds strong, cohesive teams.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Guard
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Apply now Tactical Security Guard - Must Have Use of Force
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Apply now Scheduler- Security
Apply now Experienced Security Guard
Location: Calgary, AB
Apply now Mobile Security Guard