Security Supervisor - Site Pennington, New Jersey Competitive with Great Benefits
Security Supervisor - SiteLocation: Pennington, New Jersey | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 30 Oct 2019 | Closes: 30 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3742188/174257
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity a Site Supervisor. In this position, you will encompass the professional operation, administration, profitability, and quality assurance of uniformed services for our client's site.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Oversee that all aspects of the security function on-site is performed in a diligent manner (staffing, scheduling, and on-site training for all G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. personnel assigned to his/her site).
- Ensure that contract-required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met
- Maintain overtime to a minimal or preset requirement designated by G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc.
- Ensure quality of service and contract compliance by regularly inspecting security personnel and their job performance when assigned to his/her shift.
- Perform other operations and related functions (e.g., payroll, review and maintain incident reports, assist in preparation of security surveys and post orders).
- Make recommendations for positive and negative personnel actions for those under his/her direct supervision.
- Respond to our client's requests.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must be able to pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years supervisory/management experience in the private security industry or an equivalent service related industry
- Work history to include demonstrated ability to handle complex and sensitive issues
- Work history to include demonstrated understanding of setting budget goals with a capacity toward achieving successful efficiencies in performance and costs
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Ability to coach, mentor, and motivate
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age
- Be able to work flexible schedules
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer - Traditional - Multiple Site
Location: South Brunswick, New Jersey
Apply now Security Officer - Traditional - Multiple Site
Location: Dayton, New Jersey
Apply now Armed Security Officer - Bank Protection
Location: Trenton, New Jersey
Apply now Security Officer - Critical Facility
Location: Pennington, New Jersey
Apply now Operator - Security Operations Center
Location: Princeton, New Jersey