Security Supervisor London, ON 16.16
Security SupervisorLocation: London, ON | Salary: 16.16 | Posted: 14 Sep 2020 | Closes: 14 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3384418/197552
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC) credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
This job description assumes that the candidate has met the minimum G4S hiring requirements for Security Guards and has successfully passed all the pre- hire evaluations and requirements.
We are currently seeking for Full-Time Security Supervisor candidate with a preferred 2 years of Security experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain an open, professional and positive line of communication between you and the client contact.
- Scheduling all full and part time guards for the site. This includes updating the G4S Scheduling Database. Note: If a shift cannot be filled, it is the responsibility of the Site Supervisor to ensure that shift is filled.
- Provides instruction to the security team members on how to perform their duties and responsibilities and monitors performance. Adheres to a training checklist
- Ensures compliance and adherence to all site policies, procedures, work instructions and established practices relating to the performance of the services
- Conduct patrols of the facility; both interior and exterior.
- Maintain and submit monthly Security Personnel Training Matrix. Ensure that all Security Personnel’s training is up to date. Those staff whose certifications are about to expire must be scheduled for refresher/re certification courses.
- Monitor and evaluate Security Personnel performance.
- Reviewing of sites Daily Occurrence reports, incident reports, email correspondence, CCTV
- Be up to date with the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Care for keys and other company/client assets
- Truck Gate operation
- Physically inspect incoming and outgoing vehicular traffic
- Trailer Seal & Driver Identification
- Answer phones, transfer calls, paging, documenting sick calls
- Process required paperwork accordingly
- Access control - ID badges
- Responsible for enforcing visitor protocol including
- Able to respond in case of emergency. (Severe Weather, Fire Evacuation, Release etc.)
- Traffic Control
- Emergency and First Aid response as required
- Additional duties as directed by G4S Management, and or Client Contact
The Ideal Candidate:
Qualifications and Skills
- Be able to read, write and speak in English and possess reading, writing and comprehension skills sufficient to compose clearly and concise written reports and read and understand rules, regulations, policies and similar instructions;
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent, and have completed post-secondary education in security, policing or a related field and have work experience in security, policing or a related field;
- Possess a valid security guard license
- Possess a first aid/CPR certification
- Be poised, tactful and diplomatic and have the ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment under stress and in emergency situations;
- Have strong working knowledge of various computer applications including; Excel, Word
- Have experience operating CCTV and access control software.
- Previous Supervisory experience is an asset.
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence (G) class.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in security is preferred. (Military, policing or a related field is an asset)
- Steady and confident under pressure, strong ability to multitask, lead a team
- Motivated and eager - Striving to always enhance service excellence, security protocols, training matrix's and other in support of the client-company relationship
G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, the world's leading international security solutions group, a proud member of the UN Global Compact for Social Responsibility, and a supporter of Children’s hospitals across Canada. By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Guards - Hiring Now!
Apply now Truck Gate Security Guard - GM CAMI Assembly
Location: Ingersoll, ON
Apply now Mobile Patrol Security Supervisor
Apply now Security Guard - Retail
Location: Woodstock, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Tillsonburg, ON