Security Specialist Waimea, Hawaii $16.65
Security SpecialistLocation: Waimea, Hawaii | Salary: $16.65 | Posted: 7 Apr 2020 | Closes: 7 May 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3742188/189494
250 Dollar Sign-On Bonus/ 250 Dollar Employee Referral Bonus
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for aSecurity Specialist. As a Security Specialist, you will monitor gate entry, secure restricted areas, patrol stand and concourse areas, perform crowd control, and various other administrative duties. This position will conduct foot and/or vehicle patrol, control access and egress of the facility, and ensure safety by checking bags and more at entry points.
Walk ins available between 9am-5pm, and after hours available with appointments.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
**$250 Sign On bonus payable after complete training and 90 days of continuous employment. Bonus amount is subject to applicable federal and state income withholdings.**
**$250 employee referral bonus payable after 30 days of continuous employment. Please be sure to have the referral add your name on the application for the bonus. Bonus amount is subject to applicable federal and state income withholdings.*
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Check bags/purses/back packs at entry gates; contraband removal
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Secure restricted areas and entries
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for employment.
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Be able to work Monday through Friday 0745-1630hrs with a 45-minute non-working unpaid lunch
- Must be to work occasionally on Saturday and Sunday for special events
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Law Enforcement Officer
Location: Aiea, Hawaii
Apply now Security Officer
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Apply now Security Officer - Property Resource
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Apply now Hotel Security Officer
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Apply now Property Resource Officer
Location: Kaanapali, Hawaii