Security Site Supervisor - Government Site Etobicoke, ON C$19.00
Security Site Supervisor - Government SiteLocation: Etobicoke, ON | Salary: C$19.00 | Posted: 15 May 2019 | Closes: 15 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2429282/156031
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Supervisory Guard with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly on your feet and maintain a professional manner. Our supervisors must always project a professional image for our clients and their subordinates.
As a G4S Supervisor, you have been carefully screened according to qualifications, experience, talents and overall disposition for the job you will be performing. You will be responsible for ensuring contract compliance by regularly inspecting and auditing each facility assigned to the position/area. The supervisor will/may manage security guard staff in the performance of their duties and responsibilities. In addition to supervisory responsibilities the supervisor will be expected to patrol and inspect property to prevent and respond to fire, theft, vandalism, illegal activity, and any other threats to safety and security. You will be responsible for the protection of people, property, facilities and information. You will use various forms of communications and you will be expected to write reports outlining observations and activities during assigned shifts.
SPECIFIC DUTIES PERFORMED AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the staffing, scheduling and onsite training for security guards. May directly supervise security guard and associated staff.
- Ensure that contract required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met.
- Perform other operations related to functions (e.g. Payroll review, maintenance of Incident reports and systems, assist in the preparation of security surveys and post orders.
- Recognize the importance of all customers and the role every G4S Employee plays in influencing our client’s and their customers’ perceptions. While engaged in security operations, it is a G4S employee’s responsibility to be professional, reliable, credible, responsive and friendly while maintaining a professional security posture.
- Ensure that all safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and or site emergencies
- Demonstrate an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace.
- Maintain complete, accurate and up to date, patrol notes, incident reports and information management system (Secure Trax®, RISK360™ or similar) entries as required.
- Maintain the client’s property and facilities in accordance with local trespass legislation, property acts and/or other laws effecting a client’s property.
- Other security-related duties as assigned from time to time by G4S client’s and G4S management.
- Make productivity and cost reduction recommendations to management
- Make recommendations for physical security surveys and post orders
- Make recommendations concerning disciplinary action/commendation decisions pertaining to security personnel
Physical Requirements and Environment: Environment: Varies, Office, Shopping Concourse, Interior and Exterior Patrols, Mechanical Areas and Parking facilities
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Equivalent college/university education related to the security industry (preferred).
- Meet and maintain any applicable provincial/federal security licensing requirements.
- Applicants with security experience may be considered for more advance positions.
- Driver’s abstract is required for all vehicle related positions including non-highway. vehicles (Gator, golf cart, motorized bikes, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Must maintain annual training certifications
- Must maintain valid First Aid & CPR and AED
- Superior customer service orientation
- Must obtain all necessary supervisory training
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations
- Must be certified in AODA and WHMIS
- Familiarity with mobile reporting systems
- Must complete G4S QSO Program
- Completion of vertical specific training modules
- Must have a high health and safety orientation
- As required maintain current defensive tactics certification, as required for contract. May include handcuffing and baton
Other related attributes that would enhance hiring considerations:
- Certified in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Enhancing Verbal Skills Training.
- Certified in Stay Safe Instructional Programs or similar recognized Use of Force Program
- Prior security-related experience in a customer service environment.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Experienced Security Guard
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Apply now Mobile Security Guard
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Apply now Experienced Security Guard -Housing Division
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Apply now Security Guard - FT Government Services Site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now GTA Mobile Manager
Location: North York