Security Site Supervisor - Armed Washington, District of Columbia Competitive
Security Site Supervisor - ArmedLocation: Washington, District of Columbia | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 28 May 2020 | Closes: 28 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L2985559/192069
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Site Supervisor. As a Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for the professional operation, administration, profitability, and quality assurance of uniformed services for a client’s site. This position will review electronic Operations Log and other e-mail messages on a daily basis and take appropriate action, as well as providing Shift Supervisors with information for dissemination at appropriate Headquarters location. Site Supervisor will coordinate and review duty schedules prepared by Shift Supervisors.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Oversee that all aspects of the security function on-site is performed in a diligent manner (staffing, scheduling, and on-site training all G4S personnel assigned to his/her site)
- Ensure that contract-required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met
- Maintain overtime to a minimal or preset requirement designated by G4S
- Ensure quality of service and contract compliance by regularly inspecting security personnel and their job performance when assigned to his/her shift
- Perform other operations and related functions (e.g., payroll, review and maintain incident reports, assist in preparation of security surveys and post orders)
- Make recommendations for positive and negative personnel actions for those under his/her direct supervision
- Respond to client requests
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any armed State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must be able to pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of four (4) years of successful field supervisory experience in civilian community law enforcement, military law enforcement/security, or a commercial/industrial guard service
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- A minimum of two (2) years of service in the United States Armed Services (including Reserves or National Guard)
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a physical security guard with an Associate’s degree in a Security of Law Enforcement field
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a physical security guard with the successful completion of a police officer’s basic training academy
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be familiar with computers and keyboard operations
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest: