Security Site Coordinator Austin, Texas Competitive Pay
Security Site CoordinatorLocation: Austin, Texas | Salary: Competitive Pay | Posted: 4 Jan 2021 | Closes: 4 Feb 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4016102/203173
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an experienced Site Security Coordinator with a background in security. As a Site Coordinator, you will provide general assistance and direction for security operations, supervise security staff, respond to emergencies, and conduct on-site training for personnel assigned to a high profile client.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Security Department at a a high profile site. Ensures the correct and consistent administration of the G4S Service Agreement. Researches and makes recommendations on the implementation of Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP) and other key initiatives; ensures policies and procedures are updated, implemented and adhered to. Enter payroll into automated system. Available on call 24-7. Must respond to all and any emergencies.
- Assures all baseline hours are scheduled and worked. Reviews and audits weekly the billing of baseline and service request hours and takes corrective actions. Assists Security Specialist in the approval of overtime scheduling to control security cost and overtime. Assures the scheduling of security personnel for all facility Special Events.
- On a random basis, inspect each Security Post, checking for post housekeeping, Post Orders, Post Expectations, Post Procedure Manual and necessary emergency call listing.
- Actively participates in facility standing committees and establishes a good working relationship with client management.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining records of security officers required pre-site assignment training, on-site training and annual training; conducting site specific training; and tracking and providing status reports of officers' training expiration dates.
- Provides guidance and direction to all security officers, promoting a proactive attitude in meeting the security and safety of the client.
- Ensures compliance with National and Local Bargaining Unit Agreements.
- Monitors the content and quality of reports prepared by security officers and provides guidance as necessary.
- Assures compliance with applicable sections of the client Fire Prevention and Protection Manual as well as the G4S Standard Operating Procedures and Policy Manual. Required to complete First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Certification.
- Coordinates all activities with the Fire Specialist and is the major interface with officers regarding fire prevention and protection matters.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory and fire requirements. Participates in pre emergency planning and assists in the implementation of the emergency action plans with both facility and outside emergency response organizations.
- Responds to all emergencies as outlined in local procedures. Upon arrival at the scene of an incident, will assist command officer. Provides information to assist in emergency handling. Serves as point of contact for other emergency response agencies. Provides updates to site management and client personnel as necessary. Advise fire personnel on updates or revisions on policies or procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to meet and maintain any applicable State licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible related security and fire experience
- Work history to include all of the following:
- Demonstrated understanding of security operations
- Ability to work autonomously and utilize sound judgment
- Strong understanding of Emergency Response Planning
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use; driving; standing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Site Coordinator
Apply now Director, Human Resources - Enterprise Accounts
Location: Austin, TX
Apply now Shift Supervisor - Sergeant
Location: Taylor, Texas
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale - Flex
Location: Austin, Texas
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Austin, Texas