Security Shift Supervisor - Government Contract Toronto $19/hour
Security Shift Supervisor - Government ContractLocation: Toronto | Salary: $19/hour | Posted: 18 Dec 2018 | Closes: 18 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America
Security Shift Supervisor - Government Services Site
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs.
At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, office buildings,commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centres, hospitals, condominiums and residential sites. Currently we are seeking a Security Shift Supervisor for a Canadian Federal Government site. The following information outlines the Supervisor’s responsibilities as outlined in the post orders and may be amended by the client. It is the Security Shift Supervisor’s main function to ensure the on-site security staff comply with all duties outlined in the site post orders and to ensure the security staff act in a proactive manner. Value added service should always be on the mind of the successful candidate, and they should not limit themselves to the specific job at hand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead a team of 30+ people on a shift
- Ensure that all work assignments are fully staffed according to job requirements
- Ensuring security duties are carried out in compliance with all federal, provincial, and municipal laws including; The Criminal Code of Canada; Trespass to Property legislation
- Directing the delivery of security services according to third party service agreements
- Maintaining local site-specific post orders and directives by reviewing and notifying Client and G4S of required revisions
- Maintain master schedules for all security sites and to ensure submission to G4S Branch for payroll and billing purposes
- Carrying out supervisory and management functions and responsibilities, including:
- Training of new staff
- Daily site inspections
- Maintaining compliance and discipline of site staff
- Performance of staff evaluations on a regular basis
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Employment Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience(within the last 3 years) in management of employees and business operations; and, must have a minimum of one (1) year experience (within the last 5 years) in a field directly related to security, or service with the Canadian Forces, RCMP, CBSA Correctional Services or a Police Force.
- Must have full time availability to work all days of the week and schedules that consist of day shifts and overnight shifts
- Residence in Canada the past 5 years minimum
- Able to pass Federal Public Works and other government clearance screenings.
- Valid Ontario Provincial Security Guard licence
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR
- Minimum High school education/equivalency
- Preference will be given to those who have completed Police Foundations or have 2 years of relevant security experience
- Able to take G4S Training Courses: Effective Communications, Crisis Management & Subject Restraint Training as required
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Receptionist
Location: Galway, Ireland
Apply now Cash Centre Manager
Location: Harlow, Essex
Apply now Section Manager Cash Centre
Location: Nine Elms SW8
Apply now Superintendent
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Contract Administrator
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom