Security Personnel - Northumberland Hills Hospital Cobourg, ON C$14.00 - C$15.40
Security Personnel - Northumberland Hills HospitalLocation: Cobourg, ON | Salary: C$14.00 - C$15.40 | Posted: 9 Jan 2019 | Closes: 9 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Fixed & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2558852/140389
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
A G4S Security Guard within the Health Care Division has duties and responsibilities beyond those of a regular guard. This job description assumes that the candidate has met the minimum G4S hiring requirements for Security Guards and has successfully passed all the pre- hire evaluations and requirements.
A level “A” Guard is a Constant Observation Guard who will be expected to interact with the patient, Medical Staff, Security and Visitors. At this level of training the guard is not expected to interact physically with patients or staff and has an observe and report function. They do not interact with regards to companionship, personal care or transportation of patients. This is an entry level Patient Watch Guard and the expectation is that within 90 days they will have comp0leted the level “B” training program.
A Level “B” guard will be required to fulfill all the duties and requirements of a level “A” guard and they will also receive certified training in Patient Restraint, Mental Health and Addictions and commence training in the IAHSS Training module level 1. This level of training will allow the Patient Watch Guard to assist in and follow direction of medical/Security Staff should Physical intervention be required. The Level “B” Patient Watch Guard is considered to be a fully qualified Patient Watch Guard. All training is certified training through Stay Safe Instructional Programs and the Crisis Prevention Institute.
SPECIFIC DUTIES PERFORMED AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors and observes patients in accordance with hospital policy with regards to health and safety and follows the direction of the prevailing medical authority for the Ward/Patient
- Maintains the Patient activity log and the Patient Care, Pass On Log book in addition to the Security Guard Notebook
- No direct interaction with the patient’s visitors or family is permitted. Refer visitors and family directly to the patient care personnel for everything.
Security Personnel will not:
- Perform services or functions, which would infringe on any collective agreement of the various bargaining units of the Hospital, unless such action is immediately necessary for safety reasons (i.e. transporting patients in wheelchairs or stretchers, assisting patients with the use of washroom facilities, providing food or beverages to a patient etc.)
- Perform any service or function for which they are untrained or unqualified to perform (i.e. giving medical or patient care advice, applying or adjusting patient restraints, etc.)
Physical requirements and environment:
Environment: Healthcare Facilities, as outlined in the Healthcare PHDA
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Must have a minimum college diploma in Police Foundations or Law and Security or Equivalent
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Must be certified in Level C CPR and Emergency First Aid.
- Must be able to receive clearance for a Vulnerable Sector search.
- Equivalent college/university education related to the security industry (preferred);
- Meet and maintain any applicable provincial/federal security licensing requirements.
- Applicants with security experience may be considered for more advance positions;
- Satisfactorily completed the Protection Officer Exam Package;
- Have full immunization in accordance with policy for the position; and
- Be cleared by a Physician for fitness in accordance with The Physical Demands Hazard Analysis (PDHA) for Healthcare Guards
- Be certified Standard First Aid and CPR and AED
- Meet and maintain all security license requirements.
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Must maintain annual training certifications
- Must maintain valid First Aid & CPR and AED
- Superior customer service orientation
- Must be certified in AODA and WHMIS
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations
- Must complete G4S QSO Program
- Familiarity with mobile reporting systems
- Must have a high health and safety orientation
- Completion of vertical specific training modules
- Must complete the Mental Health and Addictions Program
- Must successfully pass the Protection Officer Exam
- Must maintain current defensive tactics certification, as required for contract. May include: Restraint, Sharp/Edged Weapons Defense, Baton and Non Violent Crisis Intervention.
- Must be certified in one of the following effective communications or tactical communications or similar program
Other related attributes that would enhance hiring consideration:
- Certified in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Enhancing Verbal Skills Training (Life Skills training).
- Management of Aggressive Behaviour – MOAB® Training International, Inc.
- Certified in Stay Safe Instructional Programs.
- Prior security-related experience in a Healthcare environment.
- Be enrolled in the IAHSS career path programs
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Guards Needed - Healthcare (Cobourg, ON)
Location: Cobourg, ON
Apply now Hospital Security Guard - Peterborough, ON
Location: Peterborough, ON
Apply now Hospital Security Staff (Belleville, ON)
Location: Belleville, ON
Apply now Elite Protection Professional
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Apply now Security Guard, Retail Sector